All Topics / Value Adding / draftman/Building designer for Maroondah Council?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of dragon_v723dragon_v723
    Join Date: 2007
    Post Count: 16

    Hi guys

    Long term lurker here but finally take a bit and am going to settle on a property!

    I intend to do a subdivision for this property which is under the Maroondah Council. However the block is not the regular rectangle block probably resulting in a smaller building envelope given all those setback requirement etc

    Could u guys recommend any draftman/building designer that you have used and knows rules of Maroondah council well?


    Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Join Date: 2009
    Post Count: 386

    Congratulations on finding a property.

    You have now done more than most!

    Maroondah is not difficult to deal with. As with all councils they have a set of guidelines to work in.

    • Local planning controls
    • Victorian Planning Provisions

    The difficult part, of course, in understanding these various guidelines and navigating a successful path.

    Your goal is a Town Planning Permit (TPP) and they can be tricky.

    Before you engage anyone to help you down this path ensure you have a plan.

    By this I mean an understanding of what you want to achieve.


    Good luck with the project.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.