All Topics / Help Needed! / Pros and cons of purchasing an investment property next to a Police Station?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of MichaelMcFaulMichaelMcFaul
    @michaelmcfaul

Hi All,

I found a property that suited all of my criteria to purchase for an Investment. But after doing the trusty Google street view check, I found that the place was next door to a police station. What do you think of this? Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Cheers, Michael.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

I have deliberately bought property smack across the road from the shops and a few doors down from the police station.  The tenants love the convenience of the shops and also the security of the proximity of the police station.  Not because they expect to require being rescued from a situation, but the presence of the police station itself tends to be a crime deterant. 

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of MichaelMcFaulMichaelMcFaul
    @michaelmcfaul

Thanks very much for your feedback Jacqui. The security is a big positive, and its not in Sydney, so it defiantly decreases the chances of a drive by!

Profile photo of ClaireRClaireR
    Participant
    @clairer

100% a good thing, the only tenants it's going to deter are people you’d never want renting your house! I put an offer on a IP last year that was across from a police station (I ended up being out bid) but still went through the whole thought process and talked to a number of friends who all agreed it’s only good thing.

Profile photo of oc1oc1
    Participant
    @oc1

Your tenants may see some interesting characters go through the doors at the station laugh

Oscar

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

I'd be more worried about having an IP that that the police visited regularly.

Maybe you'll get Officer Friendly moving in? :)

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

I think it is an advantage. I personally lived close to a police station in my early 20ies and I felt safer. I think if your property is in a nice neighborhood, being close ot the police station should attract good tenants. 

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I think it would be a good thing. 

If anyone parked on your verge the Tenants would have far to go to get the car moved.

Only downside i can think of is the flashing blue's and twos keep you awake at night.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.