All Topics / Help Needed! / Drainage easement

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Linda MLinda M
    @linda-m

Hi everyone, 

I own a large block of land with an easement to drain water in favour of council running through the middle of it. Who ( me or council ) has to maintain the easement?

Thanks for any help. Linda M

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

What do you mean by maintain? You do not need to do anything per se but you cannot build over the easement.

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of oc1oc1
    Participant
    @oc1

We would need much more information. There are structures you can build on. Some easements are easements on paper while others actually have council/water authority/gas assets in them. Depending on the type of easement you can build carports, rainwater tanks, car spaces etc. In Victoria you need to go through the exercise of filling out the build over easement form.

Cheers

Oscar

Profile photo of Linda MLinda M
    @linda-m

Hi,

thanks for your replies. Because this is a drainage easement storm water from all of the neighboring properties runs through it. Over time this has caused massive erosion and scour. Im now looking at sub division and need to work out who will have to pay for remediation of the easement. thanks again

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.