All Topics / Commercial Property / Brisbane Commercial Property Price

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Philo the ScribePhilo the Scribe
    Participant
    @philo-the-scribe

I am looking to buy a small industrial unit/office, around about the 150 sq m size,  on the north side of Brisbane for my business and was wondering if anyone could offer any opinion on what sort of price per sq meter I should expect to pay in the current market. I have never bought commercial property before so am fairly clueless about the market for this stuff. I am looking at these new concrete tilt panel  type units with a roller door and separate entrance into the office area. When I look at what's advertised on the web there is very little indication of prices, it mostly seems to be 'by negotiation' . From the prices I have been able to see there seems to be a huge variation in cost per square meter, ranging from $1600 to $4000 for fairly similar units. I am looking at something that has had some sort of fit out already, rather than a big empty concrete box.

Thanks a lot for all opinions

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Work backwards – check out the rentals for similar properties and estimate yields (probably around 8-10% net), then divide annual net rent by net yields to approximate the sales price.

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Agreed with Scott.  Commercial is all yield base, different asset classes and different tenants vary it slightly but it is still only by a few percent.  Although have seen some long term govt tenanted properties go for very low yields.

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.