All Topics / Finance / Refinancing before settlement

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • mcho7688
    Participant
    @mcho7688

Hi all,

Please give some enlightenment about property refinance as I am still trying to understand how it works. Assuming an investor signs a contract with the seller at a certain purchase price, allowed to have renovation done on the property, got it refinanced with the bank before settlement, and after that settled the property with higher valuation which mean more equity could be  withdrawn for investing in next property.

My question is if the scenario above is workable:

–  does the investor use vendor finance (in any form) to get initial finance to sign the contract with seller, renovates the property and then gets bank to refinance the property and settle with higher valuation and equity? or

– does the investor able to use bank finance (up to 90%) initially, sign the contract, renovate, and get the same bank back to refinance the property and then settlement with higher value of the property?

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

It's a great question.

I also wanted to know..

anyone can please kindly share some wisdom ??

Taylor

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    mcho7688 wrote:
    Hi all,

Please give some enlightenment about property refinance as I am still trying to understand how it works. Assuming an investor signs a contract with the seller at a certain purchase price, allowed to have renovation done on the property, got it refinanced with the bank before settlement, and after that settled the property with higher valuation which mean more equity could be  withdrawn for investing in next property.

Hi there

Not possible.

You won't have a loan on the property until it settles. Therefore, if you're wanting to access equity from the property – you need to wait until after settlement to have it revalued and if it's gone up, extract equity.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

The investor will have to settle based on lower of purchase price or value and then wait for a while before applying for an increase.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

mcho7688
    Participant
    @mcho7688

Thanks for the advice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.