All Topics / Help Needed! / Expat Investing advice

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of ccbzccbz
    Participant
    @ccbz

Hi… Could anyone point me in the direction to someone who can advise on building a property portfolio while living overseas.  I have read a lot about this but TBH am suffering a massive dose of " analysis paralysis"… Currently living o/s and plan to be for next 5- 10 years.. Any help appreciated.. Thanks CCBZ

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi cc,

Being an expat will provide you with a few challenges – the biggest being getting people you can you can trust who provide you with the necessary support and assistance.

For starters you will need a broker (if you don;t already have one), an accountant who understands the tax issues faced by expats, a lawyer to assist with documentation and last but by no means least someone to find your property (assuming you will be looking for this type of assistance)

We have worked with expats and overseas FIFO employees in much the same situation as you find yourself. Apart from timezone issues we and they seem to manage quite well. 

Not sure what sort of strategy you are looking to follow or what your portfolio plans are. Whatever the case resources are around.

As a word of caution I would recommend you steer clear of those marketing groups that promise to do it all for you. Having independent input and counsel along the way will prove invaluable to you and your successful journey.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.