All Topics / Help Needed! / Is this possible? Duplex development and accessing 2 FHOG grants

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Woody1986
    Participant
    @woody1986

Hi all

I am in the process of looking to possible build with my partner and access the FHOG . While thinking about this I was thinking of the possibility of building a duplex and accessing the grant and my partner would buy the other duplex of me and access the grant also. Is this possible ?

2 ways I was thinking this could be done

First option – Get a builder to buy a block of land on the provision I sign a contract to buy both duplexes of them with my partner thus saving them agents commissions and getting them an instant sale and also getting (hopefully) some quick equity in the meantime and 2 FHOG grants

Possible obstacles – Trying to geta a builder to spend the time to do this

Second option – Myself to buy a cheap block of land (150-200k) and then get plans for a duplex and before starting to build get a contract out on one of the duplexes to my partner

Obstacles (probably numerous) – Can you get a contract out on a development  before official council approval to apease the banks to fund development (I am only on 55t o 60k per year wage)

Has the governemnt got laws in place to prevent this happening?

Thanks in advance for your replies guys and I am sure I am being to naive in this idea although your feedback thoughts and any ideas on how this could work would be much appreciated

thanks again

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Is it possible? Most likely.

Is it ethical? Highly unlikely.

Although have a fire rated wall between me and my lovely wife would sometimes be appealing, especially to her.  On secondthought maybe we could be the kids on one side and us on the other.

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

You say partner ? Do you live together ?

If so unlikely Darryl i would say:

Is it possible? – NO.

Is it ethical? NO.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Hi Richard

I was coming from the perspective that there are more often than not ways that you can do things, in this case you could probably find a way to do it if you took a somewhat liberal approach to the truth.  Would I help them find it no.

D

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Woody1986
    Participant
    @woody1986

Hi Guys…Thanks alot for your input… I am unsure why it would be "unethical"??…Would it be legal?….my partner and I live at her parents and are not married nor have any kids…I thought it would possible due to the fact the grant is there to promote the contruction industry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.