All Topics / Heads Up! / Real Wealth Australia

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Profile photo of MikalHowardMikalHoward
    Participant
    @mikalhoward

I've done a search on Real Wealth Australia & it's founder Helen Collier-Kogtevs on the property investing forums here and there seems to not be much info & feedback on them here. Certainly not recently anyway. I've been doing lots of studying lately and have found everything I've read on her website to be the easiest to understand and not be crazy over the top with positivity and flashy song and dance. 

I've bought her books and read them all as well as watched her DVD's and YouTube videos. I'm quite impressed honestly. I've had phone calls & emails all answered very professionally which has been great. 

Is there anything anyone can add to this post about Helen and Real Wealth Australia?

I'm currently waiting, hoping to get an email to say the Home Study Packages she offers are available for 2013.

Profile photo of DOUGADCOCKDOUGADCOCK
    Participant
    @dougadcock

hi Mika

ive also been following her procedure, i also am waiting to get on her home study course, i applied last year and im assured they will be starting in a couple of months.

It sounds like a good formula so im excited to hear what she has to offer.

doug

Profile photo of MikalHowardMikalHoward
    Participant
    @mikalhoward

Just posting this again, but is there anyone on the forum that has done the mentoring program with Real Wealth Australia and Helen Collier-Kogtevs. I'm as keen as mustard to learn her processes and get some real clarity in my property investing. 

Profile photo of JeanoJeano
    Participant
    @jeano

Hi I bought her DVD's etc I think she is genuine, she has done it and showsyou how she did it  though she bought all her properties years ago when prices were down  Cheers

Profile photo of Craig LaddCraig Ladd
    Participant
    @craig-ladd

Hi there, i am currently doing the mentoring program, and it is great. I was looking over a year ago at a few different programs out there and i found Helen to be the most honest and down to earth of the people advertising these style of programs. Helen and her team will help you and point things out for you and teach you a lot but you still have to do the work your self, they will not hand you something on a silver platter if that's what your looking for.

Great program and best of luck with your investment future. 

Profile photo of VitaliVitali
    Participant
    @marston

Hi everyone,
    I see last post appeared to be in 2013. Did anyone finish the course? What is the price for it?

Profile photo of Carla KerlyCarla Kerly
    Participant
    @carlakay

Hello everyone,
    I was looking into the Real Wealth Australia program as well to supplement my retirement. We did quite a bite of research and it definitely looks like great and reputable company. With my husband we found this page http://www.realwealthaustralia.com/success-stories/ and it has an overwhelming display of reviews and testimonials for their program as well as the team behind it.

Also a friend of mine went to see Helen Collier Kogtevs at some event and he was surprised by the amount of applicable insights she shared from the stage.

Hopefully this will help some, and we are going to schedule a call with Real Wealth Australia next week.
    Cheers
    Carla and John

Profile photo of Carla KerlyCarla Kerly
    Participant
    @carlakay

Mikal,
    have you gone through the real wealth Australia training?
    Thank you
    cheers

I’ve done a search on Real Wealth Australia & it’s founder Helen Collier-Kogtevs on the property investing forums here and there seems to not be much info & feedback on them here. Certainly not recently anyway. I’ve been doing lots of studying lately and have found everything I’ve read on her website to be the easiest to understand and not be crazy over the top with positivity and flashy song and dance.

I’ve bought her books and read them all as well as watched her DVD’s and YouTube videos. I’m quite impressed honestly. I’ve had phone calls & emails all answered very professionally which has been great.

Is there anything anyone can add to this post about Helen and Real Wealth Australia?

I’m currently waiting, hoping to get an email to say the Home Study Packages she offers are available for 2013.

<i class=”rw-ui-like-icon”></i>1<i class=”rw-ui-dislike-icon”></i>0

<i class=”rw-ui-info-nub rw-ui-info-outer-nub” style=”border-right-color: rgba(153, 153, 153, 0.498039);”></i><i class=”rw-ui-info-nub rw-ui-info-inner-nub” style=”border-right-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”></i>1 Vote

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Carla Kerly Carla Kerly.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Carla Kerly Carla Kerly.
    Participant
    @mikalhoward

Hi Carla,

I am still working through it now. I joined back in 2013 but only a few months after I joined, I lost my job of 15 years. My choice, but it would have happened regardless. Since then I have not had the income to even contemplate more purchases. I am now self employed as a Mortgage Broker so i’ve been building my business for the last two years. I am still keen to build my portfolio so as soon as I am making money again, I will complete the course and get cracking on my next property purchase.

I would still recommend Real Wealth Australia. They have improved the delivery of the course materials over the last couple of years and I have had the pleasure of meeting Helen a few times now. What she teaches suits me. If you like what you have found out then you’ll enjoy the education side of it too.

Good luck.

Profile photo of MoggyMoggy
    Participant
    @lordmoggy

Looks like she got stung by consumer affairs for false information and stretching the truth a little! That’s what happens when you don’t present all the facts! I can say anyone can build wealth so long as you have an income! Dream dream the Aussie dream if you don’t! I gotta love when they throw emotion into the equation!

I still won’t buy property!

Math formula: no tenant = no income = domino effect (huge debt)!!!

Participant
    @mikalhoward

Hi Moggy,

Thanks for your post. It’s great to see all different opinions on different matters. What I don’t understand is if you don’t plan to buy property, why are you on a dedicated property investing website/forum. Interesting.

In regards to Helen at Real Wealth, I know the details regarding the consumer affairs issue. Your post assumes the worst when you really have no idea of the details. Please be careful about making claims on public forums if you do not know the details first. It skews peoples own perceptions and is unfair on those involved.

I like your math formula too. Very insightful.

Have a great day Moggy.

Profile photo of MoggyMoggy
    Participant
    @lordmoggy

Hmm if there was no truth then why would current affair raise their hand at foul play!? I read the details.

I’m on here to see why the greedy are never satisfied?

Yes well the facts are there if only one opens there eyes.

” He who borrows is slave to the lender! And the lender is slave to the borrower! “.

There are thousands of souls under huge financial debt stress don’t you be the next, greed is a curse! And the ultimate downfall for all! You only need to see the countries debt level to see that!

Profile photo of PetePete
    Participant
    @pjewitt

Properly managed, debt is a useful tool to help one achieve their investment goals.

True, no tenant = no income. But with a little research before you buy extended vacancies are highly unlikely.

I’d also argue that wanting to be successful at property investment does not equal greed. Property investment is something I’m passionate about…. why wouldn’t I want to be as successful at it as I can be?! Making money is great, but it’s the satisfaction of achieving what I set out to that has me hooked.

cheers
    Pete

Participant
    @mikalhoward

I agree Pete. Well managed, debt is a very powerful tool and by getting further education in how to do it (property investing) to even further minimise the risk is smart. Some would say you can find enough information without having to purchase education programs, others perform better if someone actively teaches them. I am one of those.

We have slightly gone off track with the original post here but i’d like to hear more from Moggy and understand why you feel the way you do. I’m not saying you are wrong. Your opinion is right for you. Given you have verbalised your opinion on a site for property investors and you are obviously against it from your comments here, tell us your story about how you have come to this opinion. Have you had a bad experience? Did you do your research but an investment failed anyway? Do you not have the means to invest in property so are actually jealous of others who do but feel better by being negative. It could be lots of things, but I think it could be worth you enlightening all of us.

Participant
    @pjewitt

I’d also like to hear how you arrived at your opinion of property investment Moggy as your views scream “bad experience” to me.

Losing income, particularly your job, is not a good position to be in, but it doesn’t mean the end of the world. This is my story of the last 8 years which I believve is a good example of this.

Near the end of 2008 I lost my job at the worst possible time. We had just bought our current PPOR and were in the final stages of building an IP, so we were forking out each week two mortgages (not even taking into account the costs of our 2nd IP) with no income coming in from the IP we were building.

On top of that, the day after I lost my job, my partner started 12 months unpaid maternity leave as our first child was due to arrive in a couple of months. Then, only a week or two later, I got not one but two margin calls on the loan I had against my share portfolio just a month or so apart. Given that I only got $16k redundancy, that money disappeared very quickly. $6k for the margin calls and $900/week on mortgage payments, then there were living costs on top of that without so much as $1 of income coming in.

It was a horrible position to be in, so what do you do? Give up and lose everything? or do whatever it takes to get through the tough time? I had been working as a tradesman doing nightshift in the mining industry so I was earning some really good money, but I ended up working in a factory for well over a year getting paid $40k p.a. as the GFC was in full swing and that was the only job I was able to get at the time. I would have cleaned toilets if that was what I had to do to get by.

My point is that when you lose your income, if you’re prepared to do what it takes to get through the tough time, then you’ll probably come out the other side of it relatively unscathed and hopefully a new perspective on things. We got through the tough time, I am now back working in my trade and we’re in a better position than ever. Yes, it’s taken some time to recover financially as we had to use some LOC’s to supplement our income through the tough time, but we managed to keep all our properties. My share portfolio took seven years to recover, but it DID recover and I’ve now sold my shares and am now more liquid than ever and didn’t lose a single property.

Profile photo of AdrianAdrian
    Participant
    @gameoflife

Has anyone joined Real Wealth Australia and gone through their 24 months mentoring program at just under $10,000 ?

Profile photo of josigjosig
    Participant
    @josig

I too was recently looking at the Real Wealth $10k program, after reading all Helen CK’s books, which I found great. I still contemplate spending the money on the program just to get me over this initial step of research research and to take the plunge and make a purchase and stop doubting myself. However I was a little put off when they pressured me to sign up quickly on a ‘scholarship’ at $10k before a certain date, rather than their ‘full price’ course at $15k . I figure everyone is offered the $10k deal and made to feel ‘specially gifted’ and it was a bit like the free set of steakknives, which was the main thing to put me off. If you have a great product that is worth what you are charging, why not just set a fair price and stick to it.

I have since seen her speak and I like Helen’s style and feel comfortable with her strategy but I constantly wonder if I am better off going it alone and putting my $10k into my first IP rather than her pocket. I get that education is important but how much $$ is too much???

Like you Adrian I’d be very keen to hear from someone who has been through the program and was satisfied they got value for money. Anyone out there? I have seen the testimonials from her website but would love to hear from an independent source.

Participant
    @pjewitt

Have any of you that are looking into this mentorship done any research of your own yet? There’s a wealth of information out there, and most if not all of it is free. I’ve read a bunch of books (each book had a different approach), and each method had its strengths and weaknesses in my opinion. I read up on several different strategies, then used what I learned to develop a strategy that’s best for my personal situation. As everyones’ situation/circumstances are different, I have my doubts that any one company offering a cookie cutter, everyone gets the same info approach, no matter how successful it has been for the author/mentor, is right for everyone. And to hand over $10k or more to find out if that particular strategy works for you can potentially waste your money.

$10k could be better spent going towards the deposit for ones’ first IP. There’s forums like this one where there are lots of people who are happy to share info to help you on your way. I started out reading books from the library, bought my own copies of books that I liked, and have been successful in building my portfolio without ever paying for any information (other than a few books). A good mortgage broker (preferably one who invests himself/herself goes a long way), I wouldn’t be where I am today if it wasn’t for the relationship I’ve built over the years with my particular broker.

If you take into account the costs of purchasing your first IP, then adding $10k on top of that, you might need a few years of capital growth just to “break even”.

cheers
    Pete

Profile photo of cynthiacynthia
    Participant
    @cynthia123

Hi Pete,

I like your comments about reading books on your own, are their any books/authors you can share with us?

Thanks
    Cynthia

Participant
    @pjewitt

Cynthia a couple of books I found a worthwhile read are “Borrowing to Invest” by Noel Whittaker, Steve McKnight’s 0-130 properties book and Gavin McPhersons “Value Investing in Property”. The first two books I read about 10 years ago when I was just starting out, so can’t say how relevant they are today. Noel Whittaker’s book compares borrowing to invest in property vs shares, Steve McKnight’s book was an interesting read but the strategy outlined in this book just wasn’t for me. Gavin McPherson’s book I read in August of last year and I really enjoyed it. A slightly different strategy to other books I’ve read, so learned something new.

I’d suggest have a look in your local library and see what they have.

cheers
    Pete

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.