All Topics / Opinionated! / RPData: Consumer confidence on the rise

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of KevinGrunertKevinGrunert
    @kevingrunert

According to a recent online survey of 1040 Australians that was conducted by RPData/Nine Rewards:

• 38% of respondents believe that housing prices will rise in the next 6 months (up from 32.8% in Oct 2012)
    • 51% believe that they will rise in the next 12 months (up from 41.9% from Oct 2012)

Full article: blog.rpdata.com/2013/03/consumers-more-optimistic-about-australias-housing-markets-in-2013/

Such a small survey size is likely to see different results between the previous and most recent survey that could that could account for the shift in attitude, but it does match up with other surveys that have been conducted about consumer sentiment.

Over to you, PropertyInvesting.com – what do you think?

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Blimey more mind numbing industry gibberish.

I notice you lead with positive sentiment when in fact 80%+ don't see property actually keeping pace with inflation over the next 5 years.

In other words the great majority of people see property as a looser but somehow this has been twisted into a boner for property spruikers.

Blocked
    @freckle

I'd recommend you get your teeth into something like this but I tend to think it might be throwing you in the deep end at the moment.

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2013/03/prosper-responds-to-land-banking-developers/

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

I’ll keep it brief – It’s gonna get a whole lotta worse. That’s my prediction any way. Unemployment will increase to New levels.

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

So   0.005% of the population are confident.    Hahahaha!!!!!

Wonder what the other 99.995% think?

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Freckle, u workin for Macro Business?

All your stats seem to come from that source….Just checkin is all.

Just over 1000 people in a survey, not many to make a real judgment. But if you listen to the media, they have all started the 'property boom' talk. I've seen and heard more 'property prices are rising' blah in the mainstream media this week than 'property is bad' talk. So, now the media have talked it down, they'll talk it back up.

Yeah, they will, because Betty and George love CH9n and the Her4ld Son etc. May take awhile, maybe until mid Aug…..

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

If you buy toilet paper in bulk you're called thrifty, if you by land in bulk you're a cartel?

Buy low….. sell high same goes for land.

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Blocked
    @freckle

These guys control up to 30+ years of supply. The bitching is about these large development companies monopolising supply and consequently manipulating land values by withholding supply from the market. There's been a lot of crying over the years about state govts not releasing enough land but that's been shown to be a furphy time again. 

Mirvac has just audited its land bank as I'm sure others are doing. It's looking at selling back land it sees as uneconomic to develop over the next 10 – 20 years. They're being squeezed by lack of demand so all this is about adjusting balance sheets and keeping shareholders happy. 

The upside is it reduces competition for the smaller developers.

Blocked
    @freckle
    DWolfe wrote:
    Freckle, u workin for Macro Business?

D

MB is the only MAB (multi author blog) of any worth in Aus. Certainly anything to do with economics. These guys are either ex treasury or ex analysts. You get relatively objective comment/analysis I've found and they always have a fairly good overview on property. The commentators are fairly switched on bunch too so for me it makes interesting reading and a reference point for comment.

Profile photo of danny clintdanny clint
    @danny-clint

Americans confidence in the economy jumped in May to a five year high, lifted by a better outlook for hiring, rising home prices and more optimism about business conditions.A pair of recent economic reports appears to present contradictory assessments of consumer perceptions about the economic climate. However, taken together, perhaps they simply underscore the economic doubt and confusion that is so easy to understand at this time of political brinksmanship.

Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

Hmm I love these surveys…

Unemployment is rising  and things are going to get allot worse 

I think prices will remain steady for quiet ssome time.

Australia exonomy is shifting into another phase.

To much debt is going to hurt aallot of people…

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.