All Topics / Help Needed! / Granny Flat rent increase

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Made_ManMade_Man
    Participant
    @made_man

Hi All,

just had an idea and would like to get everyones thoughts was on the matter. im currently in the process of getting a granny flat built in the back on my yard. once it has all been finished and time to find a tenent do you think if i have it furnished i would be able to get a better return.

i was also thinkin about extending the foxtel from the main house to the GF and also getting an extra $xx per week. do you also think this is a good idea. if so how much extra shoud i charge for the foxtel. it would only cost me the extra box being $15 per month.

cheers.

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Depends on the area – a couple of local PM's are the best people to comment.

I had one client who had a GF right next to the uni – there was a massive demand for furnished properties. This rule however does not apply to all locations.

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of Made_ManMade_Man
    Participant
    @made_man

GF is located in Greenacre

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Wow cool ok – maybe I should get a forum client to comment since his about to do one in that suburb!

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of Made_ManMade_Man
    Participant
    @made_man

You are taking to your client. LoL sorry for the confusion I have just changed my forum name

Profile photo of BrazenBrazen
    Participant
    @brazen

hmm I don't think adding Foxtel will increase your rent by the amount your paying for it.

An option would be to have it available for your granny flat tenants and give them the choice to pay for it. You cant really make a profit from it, and if the tenant doesn't want it, you're paying for nothing, no?

Brazen | Granny Flat Approvals Sydney
    http://www.grannyflatapprovals.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Granny Flat Approvals Guru

Profile photo of timothybrownsuchatertimothybrownsuchater
    @timothybrownsuchater

You could probably charge more if you have the flat furnished but then again, that would depend on where you are located. If you’re connecting internet to the flat, you could impose additional charges for it too.

Profile photo of Sure HarvestSure Harvest
    @sure-harvest

Made man, I'm interest to know how you have gone with finding the right tenant? Did FOXTEL help or did you decide against it? By the way is the GF income structured as board or rental income?

Profile photo of GemmaFreeleagusGemmaFreeleagus
    @gemmafreeleagus

You could probably charge more if you have the flat furnished but then again, that would depend on where you are located. If you’re connecting internet to the flat, you could impose additional charges for it too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.