All Topics / Opinionated! / Do property investors need to be active in order to be successful?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of KevinGrunertKevinGrunert
    @kevingrunert

Do property investors need to be active in order to be successful?

That's the question that I asked a number of property investing experts including Steve McKnight and Cam Mclellan as well as PI.com forum regular Jamie M from Pass Go Home Loans.

You can check out all their answers at http://activeinvesting.com.au/expert-roundup-do-property-investors-need-to-be-active/

I'd also really appreciate it if you could add your opinion on that question in the comments on the site.

Kevin.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Well done Kevin – looks like you saved the best for last ;-) Joking

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of KevinGrunertKevinGrunert
    @kevingrunert

As they say, Open Strong – Close Stronger!

Kevin.

Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

This is a very good question Kevin…

I think it depends what you call and what you think successfully is?

Some people may only do a couple of deals in their life time and become very wealthy from it and some may do allot of transactions and be successfully too.

I think the key is this, even if you are not "currently" investing in property the main thing is to continue learn and adapt to the ever changing market.

I know allot of people who wont deal in property any more because they say "hey" the rent does not cover my repayments or I am not able to secure a deposit. There are many ways to do business in real estate.

For me I have done quiet well with capital growth in the last five years and sold both IP for a tidy profit.

Before I even jump into the market again I have been looking at other ways in doing the business.

But there are allot of people who will research their whole life and make no attempt in getting into the game.

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

For ever person who says it can't be done for whatever reason there are also others of us who don't listen and just get on with the business of making a very tidy living in the acqusition and development of real estate.

This then gives the opportunity to assist and educate others follow the same path.

Always going to get differing views and there is no right or wrong answer.

Some people just don't have the time or the education or indeed the initial capital or ability to service a loan but that doesn't mean you give up and do nothing. There are many ways to get involved.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Sorry dude but if I have to read another inane property blog I'll seriously consider self harm as an option. It wouldn't be so bad if you guys could differentiate yourselves but you are more like weeds on the side of the road. Prolific, untidy and of no real use.

Profile photo of KevinGrunertKevinGrunert
    @kevingrunert

Hi Freckle,

Sorry to hear that you feel that way. I am certainly aiming to do something different with Active Investing – you can read more about how we're different here: http://activeinvesting.com.au/welcome-to-active-investing/

Kevin.

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

The answer is unequivocally "No" . In an inflationary environment, which we are in and the Government and RBA are determined to maintain, wealth transfers from savers to borrowers and those holding real assets. Property Investors generally have higher levels of both debt and assets than the general population and as such should be, and have been over a very long time, beneficiaries of this simple economic law.

Having said this, wealth can be built more quickly by those with an active strategy, if their actions are beneficial.

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

It all depends in my opinion. Some investors can have few deals and make a lot of money from it, some might have a lot of deals, but not real profit. I prefer smart property investing over the active one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.