All Topics / Help Needed! / Property management groups

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of NeilRobertsonNeilRobertson
    @neilrobertson

Are property management groups like The Mcarthy Group etc worth using?

if so which company's have been consistent performers?

safe?

value for money?

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hello and welcome aboard

I've personally never heard of them – but then again, I'm sure there's thousands of property management companies in the country.

If you start a new thread asking for recommendations for property managers in your particular area – you might get some good responses that you can follow up on.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Neil

Yes welcome to the forum and hope you your time with us.

Do you want to throw the bone out a little more and tell us where they are based and then might get some further feedback.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Neil

Yes welcome to the forum and hope you your time with us.

Do you want to throw the bone out a little more and tell us where they are based and then might get some further feedback.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of NeilRobertsonNeilRobertson
    @neilrobertson
    Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Neil,

After have a quick look at their website it would appear is if your description "property management group" is not quite accurate. For me I read your original comment as asking about a property management company which manages the rental of an existing property.

McCarthy seems more like a marketing group to me.

I don't know this group in particular. In some respects using a group like this or choosing a property yourself are not that dissimilar – you'll need to do a lot of research to make sure you make a good decision.

Be interested to know how you stumbled upon these guys.

Profile photo of NeilRobertsonNeilRobertson
    @neilrobertson

Sorry for any confusion. Marketing group is probably more accurate. It would appear they charge you a fee. And take care of the rest? Are these kind of companies any good?

they came up while doing a google search. 

Made me wonder if they or companies like them are worth while. 

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

I don't know the group so what I am about to say is more of a general nature.

Whenever I see 'negative gearing' in bright lights I get nervous. In my opinion any negative gearing tax benefits you gain should be seen as a by-product of any investment decisions you make.

Clearly the goal of a property investor is to make money either through capital growth or cashflow or, if you hit the sweet spot, a combination of both. Negative gearing is a strategy which makes short term losses in expectation of future capital growth profits.

Typically marketing groups with a 'negative gearing' message are trying to make a one size fit all approach to property. This does not work as each and everyone of us comes to the investment table with different resources; income levels, equity levels, mindset, risk tolerance and so on. If you do follow up with McCarthy make sure you determine whether or not their suggestions really do match you.

Further to this the 'recommended' investment product is often off the plan, new or house and land packages. Each of these properties have their own limitations. Once again you will need to work out whether or not the recommendations are based on sound advice and recommendations.

While some people prefer the simplicity of a one stop shop – which often comes at a cost to you – there are many others who prefer a 'do-it-yourself' approach.

What was it that attracted you to MG?

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    NeilRobertson wrote:
    Sorry for any confusion. Marketing group is probably more accurate. It would appear they charge you a fee. And take care of the rest? Are these kind of companies any good?

they came up while doing a google search. 

Made me wonder if they or companies like them are worth while. 

I haven't delved into their website and have no idea what they offer. However, when it comes to investing, I personally have a preference towards using independent professionals and recommend my clients do the same. That includes appointing your own finance person, lawyer, accountant and buyers agent if required. This way, you avoid any conflicts of interest that could potentially present in a one stop shop.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.