All Topics / General Property / draft BCC plan – LMR 2 – Mount Gravatt East

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of MM12MM12
    @mm12

Hi there,

ust wondering if you can provide some advice on selling LMR blocks in Mount Gravatt East, specifically Howsan Street.  The property is within 400m of the bus stops on Logan Road.

With the LMR zoning changing from a single zone to LMR 2 zones in the draft Brisbane City Council Plan, in your opinion, is it worth holding on to the house or would you expect developers/buyers willing to pay extra to secure a LMR 2 site? (http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/downloads/nCP_maps/zoning_maps/zm001-36.pdf)

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Kind regards,

James

PS.  Apologies to any of the people I PM'd directly.  Not really sure how to use this site. Sorry guys.

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Check out brisbanecityplan2012.com.au for searchable maps organised into suburbs.

LMR2 is 2 or 3 storey zone mix

3 storey, where the site has frontage to a road with a reserve width of 15.5m or more, and any part of the site:

(a) is within 400m walking distance of a railway or busway station; or

(b) fronts an arterial route; or

(c) containing a building over 8.5m above ground level or is over two storeys is more than 10m from any lot containing a dwelling house (where no approval for a multiple dwelling or single unit dwelling exists)

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Profile photo of beediebeedie
    Participant
    @beedie

Darryl

(c) containing a building over 8.5m above ground level or is over two storeys is more than 10m from any lot containing a dwelling house (where no approval for a multiple dwelling or single unit dwelling exists

for a simpleton like me….. What's that mean?

Michael

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Michael

Means that there is a 3 storey or overheight building next door.

or is more than 10m from any lot containing a dwelling house.  On bigger lots you can go to 3 storey in the middle when you are more than 10m form the boundary of a house.

It would be not good if the planners put it in plain english, they would be out of a job.

D

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Profile photo of beediebeedie
    Participant
    @beedie

Lol….

was actually thinking before I posted that….

Must be some council bureaucrat keeping himself in a job ….

On a serious note yesterday view a 809 –  lmr2 –  20 mtr frontage where most of the street…. 99.9 % within say 100 metres was one to two level homes at best…. but was within 400 from rail…… Wondered about the 3 levels implications there…..

By the way here's one for you……

LMR2 surrounded on two sides by 5 odd levels…. Low set character home (DCP) on the other….

How high , how many levels you reckon you get away with ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.