All Topics / Help Needed! / SMSF Nundah

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of mick64mick64
    Participant
    @mick64

Was hoping for others thoughts on investing in established units in Nundah as part of my SMSF?

Also what are your thoughts on Nundah in general

Thanks Mick

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Mick

Personal opinion is that Nundah is a great suburb and an ideal area to consider a property for a SMSF.

I have done a couple of SMSF deals for forum clients who purchased in Buckland & York Street and the returns are steady and rentals in good demand. Certainly had no issues with the lenders we used on such secutities.

What a lot of investors don't realise is the key principle when you establish your SMSF is as Trustee you are responsible for ensuring that the fund provides retirement benefits to fund members.

I have reviewed many an investors Investment strategy within the Trust Deed and been concerned with some of the investment choices.

A slow steady vanilla investment such as well located residential property ticks all the right boxes.

As long as the SMSF loan is set up correctly i don't think you can go far wrong.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of mick64mick64
    Participant
    @mick64

Thanks Richard,

It looked to me to tick a lot of boxes but its always good to hear someone elses opinion!

I have sent you a PM regarding my smsf.

Mick

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

It's a trendy area these days, I'm always meeting people at Nundah Village as it has a good range of coffee shops and restaurants. I quite like 'C Word' and the Coffee Club there as the owners always looking to talk about property :) Also if you would like a good laugh have a read of the online reviews for 'Jam cafe'. Impressive how  Nundah has transformed over the last 20 years. Also I tend to view Nundah/Northgate as a potential package in that you might consider both.

Excellent improving area with train and will grow as a location strongly, no problem with that, the issue you need to work out is whether the higher density and incoming supply will be of significant impact on your target property. Chermside and other activity hubs have similar issues. 

A few quick issues to watch for

> plenty of low lying land, check for flood/overland flow

> some busier roads cutting through the suburb

> high proportion of strata properties than many other suburbs in the 10k radius, 59% of total stock last time I checked, issue of supply again so important to check you are buying your apartment well and the rents/yields are checking out

> Some nice stand alone villa/townhouses come into play depending on your price points

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

The Neighbourhood Plan really ramps up the density in some parts of Nundah.  Don't rely on the zoning

Also, check out what is happening soon by looking at the City Plan 2012 maps

http://www.brisbanecityplan2012.com.au/cityplanzonemaps.html

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.