All Topics / Help Needed! / New To Investing and looking to get a Portfolio a few questions

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of HammertimeHammertime
    Participant
    @hamemrtime01

I also have been dealing with APAS. They are situated in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. They do offer OTP properties as this is where the greatest initial tax benefit comes from in depreciation. (I assume). They also offer established properties but I am sure will favour OTP.
    Like most real estate companies they have many affiliated resources on the books that you can use bt are not obligated to use, such as conveyancer’s, tax planners, financial brokers etc. Yes they make money off the seller, same as real estate agents, yes they make money off of financing as all brokers do. What they are offering is to make the entire process as easy for the purchaser as possible by managing all the phases of the build, finance, rental, tax accounting etc. For a lazy paper work person like me that is very attractive. They say they will only offer properties with financial packaging that you are comfortable with. ie, if you can handle negative gearing then they will offer you negative geared housing. If you require positive cash flow then they will only offer that. They will indicate that the positive cash flow is a result of the tax deductions of depreciation. And strongly push the idea that if you purchase a $400,000 home and it increases in 5% in one year you are already $20,000 ahead. Where else can you get that type of return? The people you deal with are separate companies that may pay money back to APAS for promotion of their services. But most of the fees of the services are tax deductible on investment properties anyway, Aren’t they?

I am seriously considering going with them only because I am lazy with taxes, filling out the forms, etc. My requirements to them will be established property or newly completed. I really don’t want to pay a finance broker to get two fees for financing, one for the building loan and one the mortgage. Also easier to find similar existing home sales in the area, employment levels etc.

Any feedback is welcome. If looking to by investment property in this climate what would be your criteria? I prefer freehold house and land. in an established area. 50km or less to major CBD, under $400,000. The prive is what will probably push this to , sorry you need to buikd to get that considering land is now over $300,000 in that range. Might have to look towards regional areas.

Profile photo of samsam
    Participant
    @sam321

Hello Newbie here to the forum.
    Has anybody had dealings with a company called APAS & QMAS (Australian Property Advisory Service & Queensland Mortgage Advisory Service)
    My Partner & I recently had a meeting with them and wonder if anybody had dealt with them before and there views.
    Paul.

Hi Paul,
    I have also been approached by APAS & QMAS regarding the property investment. Did you end up buying a property through them. Any feed-back will be greatly appreciated.

cheers
    Sam

Profile photo of LesleyLesley
    Participant
    @lesley82

Hi,
    Just wondering how you went with APAS?
    I had a meeting with them yesterday. I’m undecided aswell. Just want to know if they’re legit. Any info would be awesome.
    Thanks,
    Lesley

Profile photo of MichelleMichelle
    Participant
    @michelle-mjg

I’ve had my first meeting with them last week too. Any more info coming through!

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.