All Topics / Help Needed! / How to get out of a Pro Investor Course

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of DeuceDeuce
    @deuce

In early November, I attended a property investment seminar. I already had debt issues with property which I was hoping to gain advice from this seminar. Against my better judgement, I decided to sign a form to start their Pro Investor Course through the Whoohoo group, @ $433 a month. Within 3 weeks of signing a form, a small investment property I have, got a HIA report slapped on it and no tenant, (I already had a large mortgage on my own property), and two other personal issues happened which would affect my funds available significantly. Within days of this, I realised I could not commit $433 a month to the course, and immediately sent a detailed letter to the Whoohoo group advising them of my financial woes and I asked them if I could defer the course and payments for 12 months. (They have already taken 1 payment of $433). Instead, their arrogant reply stated I could not defer the course and that I had to still pay all funds. They kept referring to their refund policy which, as I explained to them, only came into effect if you had completed the course. I have not even started it. They did offer in an e-mail to reduce the monthly payments somewhat, but I was upset by this time at their dismissive attitude to my request. The bank then cancelled my credit card and I told them but still they attempted about four times to deduct money from my account. They have just recently tried to pressure me further by sending out a request for payment from a Collection Agency. By now, as you can imagine, I have no further interest in doing their course because of their arrogance and continual pressure on me while I have other issues to deal with.
    Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before and if so, what did you do ? My other options at this moment are to see a Solicitor next week and possibly give them some free publicity on Current Affair ?

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Read. It should solve most if not all of your problems

http://www.woohoogroup.com/latest-news/who-is-carly-crutchfield

All you ever wanted to know about this mob and more.

Profile photo of Rick staRick sta
    Participant
    @rick-sta

I wonder what sort of training you would have received had you gone ahead with it.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

You entered into a contract and you now want to break that contract. I would suggest you read your contract in full and see if there was any cooling off provisions and then determine if you notified them in time.

Also consider contacting the department of fair trading in your state.

Cancelling the credit card won't save you as the bank can still let the charges go through and chase you for the money.

You should take this very seriously as they could easily take you to court and win and then you would have a judgement on your credit file for the next 5 years. They can still chase you for the money and possibly seize assets.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

I would look at contacting the FT. Which state are you in?

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of DeuceDeuce
    @deuce

Wow, wish I'd known this before I signed.  Thanks Freckle.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.