All Topics / General Property / Property Staging

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi Guys and Gals,

I thought I'd put the latest property I staged up on here so people can get some ideas. It's a new townhouse,  it was on the market for 3 days and is now under offer.

Feel free to have a squiz, I get a lot of people asking where I get items for staging and how much things cost and what staging actually is, as well as ideas for what a house should look like.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-vic-croydon+north-112978479

Enjoy, hopefully this helps a few people get an idea of what buyers love – and no I'm not advertising, feel free to ask questions!

Cheers

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of Made_ManMade_Man
    Participant
    @made_man

Looks great. good work

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

It makes a huge difference. Clean, modern and uncluttered. 

A family member recently done something similar in Canberra when privately selling and they ended up getting a fair bit more than they anticipated – even the valuer gave praise!

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

Very Noice! How much does house staging cost based on your average house?

Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

Looks great.  Although not sure on that linencheeky

Profile photo of Tracey BTracey B
    Participant
    @tracey-b

Well done Dianna, awesome work.

I love that it looks lived in rather than staged because of the items you've chosen for this property – ie. linen – not the usual beige or pale blue.

Just a few days on the market before going under contract is terrific.  Out of interest, do you know what are current days on the market in that area?

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle
    DWolfe wrote:
      it was on the market for 3 days and is now under offer.

Listings show it was on the market at least as far back as 26 Sep 12. Staging then looked average especially the lounge area (showhome pics perhaps). I like yours much better. 

No white goods…?

http://www.thehomepage.com.au/property/residential/3-48-lyons-road-croydon-north/502048

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi all,

Thanks for the great comments!

Sorry Tracey I have no idea about days on market.

Fredo – what you no like Hawaii? lol! The house is very neutral, so I figured spice it up with some colour. They didn't show the Master bedroom which was done in crisp white and teal with some silver bling. And there was also a kids room with a mini Eames chair replica and train track :)

Joe – It's generally about $2500-$3000 from what I see most people charging.

Freckle – those pics are from another of this developers projects, I didn't do the staging on that. It probably got 'floated' on the market during construction, it was still being finished when I got to it and I had to work around painters etc doing touch ups.

It would be interesting to know whether the buyer saw it previous to the listing that went up on Thur, but I don't think we'll ever find out. The main thing is that the product is great, it's well finished the advert is good and it sold!

And nope I don't put white goods in, you can never win on WG, everyone has an opinion on the brand, the colour, if it doesn't quite fit the space it looks funny etc, etc. Most people see a fridge cavity and can guess the rest.

Thanks again everyone, hope it gave some people some good ideas! smiley

Cheers

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel
    DWolfe wrote:
    Hi all,

Thanks for the great comments!

Sorry Tracey I have no idea about days on market.

Fredo – what you no like Hawaii? lol! The house is very neutral, so I figured spice it up with some colour. They didn't show the Master bedroom which was done in crisp white and teal with some silver bling. And there was also a kids room with a mini Eames chair replica and train track :)

Joe – It's generally about $2500-$3000 from what I see most people charging.

Freckle – those pics are from another of this developers projects, I didn't do the staging on that. It probably got 'floated' on the market during construction, it was still being finished when I got to it and I had to work around painters etc doing touch ups.

It would be interesting to know whether the buyer saw it previous to the listing that went up on Thur, but I don't think we'll ever find out. The main thing is that the product is great, it's well finished the advert is good and it sold!

And nope I don't put white goods in, you can never win on WG, everyone has an opinion on the brand, the colour, if it doesn't quite fit the space it looks funny etc, etc. Most people see a fridge cavity and can guess the rest.

Thanks again everyone, hope it gave some people some good ideas! smiley

Cheers

D

So that’s what that big cavity in the kitchen is for, could never work it out!

Profile photo of rob-warob-wa
    Participant
    @rob-wa

Hi D,

Looks great, it make a big difference, rather seeing a cold empty house.

I have a block of units on the north coast, which I'm selling off 1 by 1.

They appeal to the retirees, small 2 beds and I have dressed it also.

Getting positive comments, even some potential buyers asking if I will go shopping with them,

Have said the furniture can be purchased with the property.

Unfortunately, they are still on the market and not one has sold.

The agents agree that it is priced right

What other incentives have all you guys put out there to attract a buyer, other than dropping the price.

Love to hear from you

Cheers

Blocked
    @freckle
    Quote:
    Unfortunately, they are still on the market and not one has sold.

The agents agree that it is priced right

How long have they been sitting? I would want to see activity stats from the agents; enquiries, inspections, offers etc. They need to be mapped to current market trends to get a guideline idea of where you're at. 

Enquiries suggest you have market presence, inspection suggest market interest and offers suggest accurate pricing.

If you're not getting enquiries you have a marketing problem (and possibly price). If you're getting inspections but no offers then something's wrong somewhere and that is most likely price if there's nothing else that's obvious.

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

Nice one DWolfe.

I have used staging before, and would do so again.

It should be considered as a development or marketing cost from early on in the process.

Participant
    @rob-wa

Hi Freckle

2 of the units have been on the market for 6 months.

A 3rd not quite finished, told the agent, I'm not giving them the contract to sell until one of the others sell first.

I know he's had some positive people thru, even had a verbal offer on the unfinished one, [ $10 k less than asking price] during a home open one saturday . Was away at the time, he rang me interstate with it. As, there was no contract available the offer was withdrawn on the Monday.

One  local couple were interested in purchasing the block, came thru 3 times, but went no further.

Many people have actually been thru a couple of times.

Getting 2 or 3 phone enquires a week and they have turned into inspections, midweek.

There is no emotional attachment to them, just waiting for the offers so I can move on to the next.

Thanks, Freckle for your feedback.

Cheers

Rob.

Blocked
    @freckle

….Getting 2 or 3 phone enquires a week and they have turned into inspections, midweek

You need to understand why these aren't turning into sales. The agent needs to do a follow up on these enquiries once they go dead to get a reason why they didn't commit.

Without this info you're flying blind. Time to give the agent a kick up the proverbial.

Participant
    @rob-wa

Thanks ,Freckle.

The agent did follow up without success.

One potential buyer [ a local Hotel Manager ] was interested for his mother inlaw , said ring me Monday morning,

The agent did  phone him many times over the following weeks but  the guy refused to take his calls. "What was that all about"

Anyway, have changed agents, lowered the price and expressed urgency in the add.

Cheers

Rob

Blocked
    @freckle

Good luck with it. Be brutal with these agents. 90% aren't worth didley.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.