All Topics / Help Needed! / Raising value of rural property for rent

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of PurellePurelle
    @purelle

Normally I wouldn't buy a rural property as an investment but my home has now become empty and selling it at the moment does not work ( split with fiancé and if I sell he gets it all paid of his properties – don't get me started on that ) 

my question is what raises equity in rural properties as well as raises rent. I have done a fair bit inside, not the bathroom though.

whats worth doing outside to raise rent, which is really my main focus at the moment. It has three bedrooms, possibly four if I added a wall. A disused pool, which I'm not that keen on fixed because well tenants and pools…… Umm no!!!

the house fencing could do with a bit of tlc. But apart from that its just dirt and gravel.  It also has some stables. 

Any help would be great. 

Pthanks in advance.

Profile photo of PurellePurelle
    @purelle

I have successfully renovated tenanted and sold one ip, and have another one at the moment . So while I'm all over the residential ip side of things I'm scratching my head with rural. 

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

I would recommend to take care of a garden outside if you have one and hire a gardener to take care of it. You can also put fences outside, decorations and etc. Inside try to renovate bathroom, if you can add additional bathroom-it would be perfect as well.

@purelle
    Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Where is the property located? What are the vacancy rates like in the area?

Would you consider allowing pets? If so, you can generally achieve a slightly higher rent.

Is there demand to rent by the room? 

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Hi Purelle.

Shed or at least a carport for a car very important.

How's the heating ?

Aircon or evaporative cooler. ?

Good insect screens. 

HWS condition ?

Fences / pets ? Lots of rural tenants have dogs.

I'd fill in the pool.

Cheers

thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

@purelle

Hiya crest. Large shed with roller door near the house with twelve car parking paves area. I have a restored enclosed fireplace in the lounge room which heats the whole house easily. The fences are in desperate need of tlc. Definitely thinking about filling in the pool. The thought of tenants and a swimming pool fills me with utter dread. Thanks for your comments :) 

@purelle

Oh what does how's mean, I was also thinking about roller shutters to help keep the heat out. Any thoughts on that?  There is also no pergola or shaded area, is this important do you think?

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle
    Purelle wrote:
    Oh what does how's mean, I was also thinking about roller shutters to help keep the heat out. Any thoughts on that?  There is also no pergola or shaded area, is this important do you think?

Roller shutters can turn into hot plates that make the situation worse. Depends on design. Personally I'd just DIY solar tint the windows. Cheaper and easier and very effective at deflecting radiant heat.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.