All Topics / Help Needed! / Cold calling vendors?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of MosicLandscapesMosicLandscapes
    @mosiclandscapes

Has anyone here done it? There is a prime piece of real estate that I have had my eye on for a while. Just got of the phone with a friend of mine who "knows someone who knows someone" who was in negotiations to develop said piece of real estate with the owners but due to one thing or another it didn't happen. So now I know the owners could (maybe potentially) be open to selling, I can't stop thinking about it.

Started some DD on the property specifically. I now have a name and address and phone number for their business (no personal numbers though). I also found out when they bought the property and how much for (LandVic is AWESOME – new feature tells you when the property was last bought, how much for, if and when it has been renovated etc for about $2!).

So my question is, should I just call out of the blue? Due to it being a business number I may not be able to speak to the owners directly anyway. Should I send a letter? I'm not a very patient person but guess I could make an exception. Any advice?

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

I'd give it a go. Don't make it sound as though you want the land really bad otherwise they will jack up the price.

Profile photo of MosicLandscapesMosicLandscapes
    @mosiclandscapes

Call the business number or send a letter? I think I'm just going to call them…waiting for a response (if I even get one!) would kill me.

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

Sorry i mean call them. I've tried letters in the past and had no luck. Half the time they probably just think it's junk mail.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Nothing to lose in calling.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

Go ahead and call. I know from an experience, that personal approach does wonders very often. You really have nothing to lose. Just do not sound desperate and you will be fine!

Profile photo of Realty4LifeRealty4Life
    Participant
    @realty4life

MosicLandscapes, could you tell me how to get to the $2 LandVic report?

Profile photo of MosicLandscapesMosicLandscapes
    @mosiclandscapes

Hi Realty4Life – this link will take you to it: https://www.landata.vic.gov.au/tpc/

Update on the cold call. Got onto a bone fide developer! Bit of shame for me because she knew exactly how much the land was worth (retail) but she wants to meet for coffee to discuss the possibilty of mentorship and project management! Really pays to be forward sometimes!

Profile photo of vagirl2012vagirl2012
    Participant
    @vagirl2012

That’s great MosicLandscapes! Always pays to take a bit of an educated risk sometimes!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.