All Topics / Finance / Advice on finance options for IP 3

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of MillerjMillerj
    Participant
    @millerj

Hi could really use some advice on right loan for IP3 so I can use equity for deposit on IP4. My situation is that I have asked my bank o do a valuation of a property prior to loan application. I am expecting the valuation to come in at  150,000. My loan will be for 90,000.  My bank operates on 80% lvr. What would e the best way to access this equity for  deposit on IP4 thanks everyone I learn so much from this forum

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

How much is the purchase price for the 4th IP? What is the value of IP3? What is the amount owing on IP3?

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of MillerjMillerj
    Participant
    @millerj

Hi purchase price on IP4 looking at 240,000 max. Value of IP3 150,000 owing 90,000.

cheers

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Miller based on the fact you cant squeeze a higher valuation out of IP 3 with another lender then way to go would be:

1) Refinance IP 3 to a 90% of the valuation. $150K x 90% = $135K less existing loan of $90,000 = $45,000.

2) Purchase of IP 4. Take 45K raised from IP3 Refinance less stamp duty and other acqusition costs and use balance of funds to apply for a standalone loan secured against IP 4 solely.

Once you now the exact valuation on IP 3 you could play around with numbers to see the savings in LMI etc by reducing or increasing the individual loan amounts.

Any questions ask away.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Miller

Richard's on the money as always – providing the phones are still working in Brissy, I'd be giving him a buzz to get this sorted for you.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Depending on which state you are in you will require at least 21k for a deposit to purchase a property for $240,000. This would be at a 95% lend. It may fit well with your longer term strategy to use the less deposit/equity. Additionally the LMI premium is tax deductible for the first 5 years.

If IP3 is valued at $150,000 and it has $90,000 owing on it then you have $30k in equity @ a 80% lend. So you can use the funds for the deposit for the purchase of IP4. If you use the $30k in full then you may fall under the 90% LVR which means a much lower LMI so depending on your strategy you have a few options. Equity wise go higher on IP3 than on IP4 as the LMI would be lower. Make sure that they are standalone facilities. Also make sure the decision you make today caters for what you want to do tomorrow.

Also most lenders offer upfront valuations – it may be good to utilise this and confirm that the value IP3 is in fact $150k.

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Ah Jamie is that the thing that sits on the right hand corner of my desk and rings lol

Yes we are back.

Anyone need any firewood? Got a tree down on my block that would keep you warm down South for many a Winter.

That's a job for the next few weekends.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.