All Topics / Overseas Deals / US Property – good idea if America goes broke?

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

I guess your saying you want 15 graphs and a couple case studies with hard facts for you?

The example I listed above shows that prices have went up, there are more buyers.  Over seas investors now have more competition as the hedge funds and US buyers come back.  

I would like know why the OZ investor is tapping equity in there homes there to buy portfolios here?  Even there super funds.   

Fundamental's, how about experiencing it .  

What fundamental's are you talking about Freckle?  low unemployment, I know we are doing a heck of a lot better than Spain.

As far as the cities that i am in, they are all doing better than 2008.  New businesses and commercial is starting to boom again.  You just have to see it to believe it, you can see all the hospitality industry come back and cut down the unemployment.

I'm going to try and find some studies and graphs, some really left one's that support the gov's numbers, lol.   

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle
    kylermrice wrote:
    I guess your saying you want 15 graphs and a couple case studies with hard facts for you?

No rubbish MSM opinion pieces from the small town Clark Kent reporter OK.

Quote:
    The example I listed above shows that prices have went up, there are more buyers.  

I don't dispute prices have risen nor that there is the appearance of resurgent prosperity.

Quote:
    Over seas investors now have more competition as the hedge funds and US buyers come back.

And here in lies the problem or part of it anyway. Your first wave in were individual investors, then larger commercial outfits often driving a group investment approach. In recent times we've seen the big guys like hedge funds and corporates jump on the bandwagon. There is little or no organic growth in property markets. When the hot money slows or is withdrawn from the market it will simply crash again. The few indigenous buyers will not be able to support the market and will be crushed.

Quote:
    I would like know why the OZ investor is tapping equity in there homes there to buy portfolios here?  Even there super funds.  

60% of investors are as dumb as chooks and the next 30% have a vague idea what they're doing but aren't exactly rocket scientists. Less than 10% have the smarts to make investing work for them.

Quote:
    Fundamental's, how about experiencing it .  

I'm an old dog remember. Been there done that got the T-shirt.

Quote:
    What fundamental's are you talking about Freckle?  low unemployment,

Go back and read/look at the graphs. There isn't one economic fundamental that I can find that supports the contention the US economy is improving.

Quote:
    I know we are doing a heck of a lot better than Spain.

Spain is an example of what things look like when they loose control. An inevitability for the US at this point. The US has an unfunded liability problem that along with continuing mounting debt will crush its economy over the next few decades.

Quote:
    As far as the cities that i am in, they are all doing better than 2008.  New businesses and commercial is starting to boom again.  You just have to see it to believe it, you can see all the hospitality industry come back and cut down the unemployment.

All you're seeing is the result of people and capital fleeing one bankrupt state to restart in another. The US economic landscape is becoming a patchwork of small islands and large deserts.

Quote:
    I'm going to try and find some studies and graphs, some really left one's that support the gov's numbers, lol.

You'll find those in the fiction section of the government book store.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.