All Topics / General Property / What is the most profit you made from a Buy to Sell.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of SherJavaSherJava
    @sherjava

I heard about someone who made 80k profit on a foreclosed house.

What is the most profit you made?

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi SherJava

Welcome to the forum.  As you used the word 'foreclosed' which is normally a term used in the US, could you confirm your question relates to the Australian market?

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of rob-warob-wa
    Participant
    @rob-wa

SherJava , if you are referring to Aust property, I would love to know how you go about purchasing it before it goes on the open market..

Cheers

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Hi My Best as a percentage was tripling the price.

Bought block of land off Main Roads at Auction.  Got a development approval through for a house on a difficult site and flogged it.

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Similar to Daryl.

Put the Nundah Bowls Club under Option subject to a DA and paid less than a $1M.

On-sold the Option for $2.25M subject to our buyer getting his DA.

Our buyer exercised the option and told us they would be settling.

Little did we know that they had actually on-sold the Option to another buyer for an extra $1M who ended up eventually settling and building 55 off units on the site.

Anyway we all made decent money on the deal so we for one were not complaining.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

The only comment I want to make here is that you can make a lot of money using these strategies however you also have to know what you are doing. Richard and I both have grey hairs and have been doing this stiff for a long time. However you really do need to know the deal back to front before moving forward.

We look at development sites and it can take months sometimes to put  a deal together. I am big believer in the quote measure twice cut once, Due Diligence is the key here

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Spot on Nigel

And sometimes you can put months into a deal, and a decent some of money and something comes up and it doesn't work.  I have only had a couple of those over my time but they do happen.  I once did about $30k and several months on a Hotel to highrise deal.  But on the plus side, when you spend that amount of time on something, you always learn more, I think you stop learning when you die.

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Absolutely bang on Nigel.

Don't chase the golden egg from Day 1.

Be patient, educate yourself, use the services of relevant Professional and learn along the way.

See so many investors who do a small refurb who then for their next project want to go and build and develop a 10 storey unit block.

They would better of being part of a smaller group all with the same goal and ambition but sharing the risk.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

That's so true Richard and Nigel,

A common occurrence I usually here is this, I  want to make 50

k on my first deal, if I can't make that it's not worth it. 

When building a brick fence you can't just build iit in one go, it

takes

time brick by brick……

My best deal was 7 years ago bough a house for 185, leased my house to the government.

Sold it for 320 to the government, got a good tax break as well ffor helping tthem out 

Oh I made a small 30 k profit in ttwo months bought a house under valued  by 30 k settled , renovated and made

A profit,

I must admit these days I aam a bit more  conservative

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of wilko1wilko1
    Participant
    @wilko1

The quickest i think for me is 37k after a 5 week renovation during early access. Had to bring forward our settlement so the new buyer could purchase it.

"Put the Nundah Bowls Club under Option subject to a DA and paid less than a $1M."

How much did you have to pay for the option fee for that ? Is there a accepted minimum option at that level or is it whatever you come to with the vendor ?

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

If clients of mine (in the planning practice) decide not to go through with an expensive but oh so worth it planning issue with their PPOR, I will break my triple record easily.

I am pushing them hard to do the planning its going to cost them $30-$50k in my fees alone, however, their block will be literally worth 10 times as much.

I have also given the option of me paying $200k cash over market for the block as is.  Their residence is on a very large piece of land that can't be touched, fix the planning issue and it could be split into 300m2 resi lots, town house lots, a convenience centre site, and a service station site to boot. The planning issue is 100% fixable.

I would prefer for them to pay me to fix it and then do the subdivisions into large lots for different purpose in the middle, and sell off those sites on the periphery where there are no new roads to be built for the servo etc.  I would obviously make several million if they don't do that and I buy the lot.  But they will also be 2 of my biggest advocates if I make them millions, I get paid well for my job and we all go away happy.  I get great deals come across my desk all the time, this one is good enough that when they were having doubts I did offer to sign an unconditional contract for $200k more than their best REA appraisal on the spot.  I think they may have worked out somehow that I am very confident about being able to fix the problem.

These sites are out there, they are rarely as good or as safe as the example above.  But saying that, I have people making $60k in 3 months on 1 into 2 reconfigs in Holland Park at the moment.  Another 1 goes on the market 7am Monday.  I will report back if it sells as fast as the last one.

regards

D

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.