All Topics / Value Adding / Getting your development off the ground – All the information you need.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of Stacey SurveyingStacey Surveying
    Participant
    @stacey-surveying

Please note:

Documents are no longer available. Further information can be provided by contacting me directly.

Regards,

Profile photo of Stacey SurveyingStacey Surveying
    Participant
    @stacey-surveying

Updated to include some edits made on all 3 documents. Thanks!

Ashley

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Hi Ashley

Looks Great.  

Will be a great resource for many people on here,

Cheers

Darryl

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Participant
    @stacey-surveying

Thanks Darryl. Appreciate the kind words.

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb
    Profile photo of HomemadeHomemade
    Participant
    @homemade

Hi Ash, was just about to post my very first query on the forum about how to kick off the process of splitting the block on an IP but luckily checked your post which answered all of my questions. Thanks! Do you have experience with doing these in Geelong and do you service the Geelong region? 800+m2 block with IP house in front corner, large side driveway, 500m2 backyard – sewer, power, water all seem to be located in good positions on/around the block.

Cheers,

Craig.

Participant
    @stacey-surveying
    Homemade wrote:
    Hi Ash, was just about to post my very first query on the forum about how to kick off the process of splitting the block on an IP but luckily checked your post which answered all of my questions. Thanks! Do you have experience with doing these in Geelong and do you service the Geelong region? 800+m2 block with IP house in front corner, large side driveway, 500m2 backyard – sewer, power, water all seem to be located in good positions on/around the block. Cheers, Craig.

Hi Craig,

Yes we have done quite a few subdivisions down your way. Just before Christmas we had a project in Corio with similar areas as your block. You'd probably be best sending an email through with the address and I can send through some information and where to go from here.

Regards,

Profile photo of HomemadeHomemade
    Participant
    @homemade

Thanks Ashley, will do later this week. Quick query – can I proceed with and get a subdivision approved with existing structures (shed/carport) imposing on new title boundaries? I would like to proceed with the process and attain approval from cogg but leave tenants peacefully alone – with the intention of pulling sheds down and fencing off new title later when I either sell the land or develop it.

Participant
    @stacey-surveying

Hi Craig,

You will be able to get through town planning with the structures in the backyard. At the closing stages of the subdivision the new block will have to be cleared and then the boundaries pegged, new fences put up etc. When you think about it, you now have two titles and your tenants are renting out the house on the front title. Therefore, what happens on the new lot is none of their concern.

It will be a bit of time after beginning the subdivision before you start clearing the backyard so you will have some time up your sleeve to give notice, discuss rent adjustment and such.

Cheers,

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

Craig,

I am sure Ash will steer you in the right direction.

I am reading between the lines a little here, but I thought I might give you something to consider.

In order to subdivide land you will require a Town Planning Permit (TPP)

Usually, in order to get your TPP council wants to know what you will do with the land.

In this case, the land is quite large and is situated on a corner.

Without knowing the details, it is quite common to propose two additional dwellings if the frontage is adequate. So, if it is your intention to subdivide and sell the land, you could consider getting a TPP to develop the two additional dwellings, then on-sell the land with the permits to someone else.

In this case you will have added significant value and can reap some of that value without expending too much cash, or may find that you have a lucrative project to help build your portfolio.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.