All Topics / Help Needed! / Cocas Palms have got to go

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of StormyStormy
    @stormy

I have three dreaded Cocas Palms that need to be removed from the property that I am purchasing. I have conducted research on the net and it appears that the Cocas Palm has now been designated as a Noxious Weed in all but the Campbelltown Council area where I am purchasing the property. I have spoken to council and they have advised that they are a nuisance weed but have yet to be designated as noxious, this could be up to 5 or 6 years away. 

I have to make an application to be able to remove them, pay an application fee, and they will send out an inspector to assess them to see if I can get rid of them or not. 

I would be interested to hear from anyone else in the Campbelltown NSW council area that may have been able to remove these trees without having to apply to council. I have been told by others to just go ahead and do it but I dont want to risk a massive fine for the sake of a few trees.

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

I can only talk about Holroyd and Kurringai Councils. There is no way the council will allow you to remove the tree unless they are somehow damaged or dying trees.

It may be different with Campbelltown council. Does the council have information on past tree removal applications?

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.