All Topics / Help Needed! / Public Liability Insurance – Building Stage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ksun1985ksun1985
    Participant
    @ksun1985

I had a look at the history but couldn't find an answer…

Do I need public liability insurance during the building stage? About to start building 2 townhouses. 

I have already got home warranty insurance but not sure if "public liability insurance" is required. Apparently it is.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi ksun,

I might get corrected here, but as far as I knew the builder has to have this as part of their building insurance. Have a look at the policy, the builder should give you a copy, the bank might need it too. Should be an item for public liability for 20 mil, or whatever the figure is nowadays.

Cheers

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of JHACJHAC
    @jhac

also happy to be corrected but the last time i built something (residential and commercial) the insurance was covered by the builder until hand over.  that was in QLD

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

During construction, you do not have control over the site as they are appointed the Principal Contractor. OHS is the responsibility of the building contractor and should be covered by them until handover.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.