All Topics / Help Needed! / short term rent payment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • mcho7688
    Participant
    @mcho7688

Hi there,

I would like to seek advice on tenants not paying for short term rent payment. What can I do to chase up the payment? The property manager has been calling the leasee to chase up for payment.  The fully furnished property was leased to the company for 1 week in Dec 2012 but it still has not paid up. It is worth about $500 in rental. Any way to pursue it through insurance claim or just forget about based on that amount? As the house is now renting short term, I am just getting concerned such matter would be becoming a norm.

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

From an insurance point of view- even if you have "Rent default " , the rent need to have defaulted for more then x number of weeks ( standard is 4- but it differs insurer to insurer) before you can claim, as your bond should suffice. 

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Agree with Mick – it's probably too early to warrant a call to the insurance company.

Just make your the PM is being proactive and is following the processes applicable to rentals in your state.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

I am a little bit confused. Won't it required to pay a rent before moving in? How did it happen that tenants moved in without paying first?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.