All Topics / Help Needed! / MAP sessions with BInvested

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Profile photo of ScottsdaleScottsdale
    Participant
    @scottsdale

I did a MAP session with Nathan some time last year and only have positive things to say about it… well, aside from the fact that the hour went way too fast!

I had a lot of questions prepared beforehand and by the time the session was up, he had answered every single one quite well. Obviously he related to his own personal experience a lot but the man is so unbelievably grounded and an absolute pleasure to talk to that his impressive portfolio and success hasn't gone to his head, he's more than happy to help others. At times it felt like a casual conversation between mates.

If he is no longer personally doing the sessions, his business partner (Christian I think) is equally capable and holds a similar record for a large portfolio of CF+ IP's. Without knowing it, I met him at a bInvested session last year in Sydney. He struck up the conversation and we had a good talk about property for about 10 minutes before revealing he was Nathan's business partner. Very friendly and interesting guy.

I think any time spent with Nathan or a member of his team can only benefit you and if you're in the position to start buying, I would highly recommend his services. His business and network are rapidly growing so it would be a good idea to take advantage of this.

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Hi Scottsdale,

What do you specifically get out after the hour? Is it an investment strategy, cash flow analysis, etc?

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of MEL069MEL069
    Participant
    @mel069

Shahin,

I think you ask some very, very important questions here. On more than one occasion, in fact. And yet, no one has replied with any great detail on the subject matter. I am certain I have read recently somewhere that the people you speak to from B Invested are not property planners or financial advisors as such, which it seems is all too apparent after the fact.

I have been involved in a MAP session recently, organised by my fiance, for her and myself and found it to be disappointing at best, a rip off at worst. The information we received was particularly vague and generalised. No real consideration of our particulars were taken into account, in so much of our current financial position and what our goals were, how we planned to go about them or what constraints we had to work with. To be fair, nothing that was suggested in the 40 odd minute phone conversation was drastically wrong, outlandish or unrealistic, but to pay $300 for the privilege to hear a few openly available investment ideas or principles, which anyone could easily have picked up on an internet forum, YouTube clip or free online ebook on real estate investing, I really wonder as to the value for money we received and how enlightening an experience it was. No actual strategy or plan was recommended as such, which left me somewhat bewildered. I for one would be very reluctant to recommend this to anyone, although I acknowledge the success Nathan may have experienced in his real estate ventures. I envy him and wish him well, but this is not a part of of his business model I would endorse or promote.

Regards,

Glenn

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Wow makes the 90 minutes i spent with a forum client this morning for the price of a cup of coffee look like an absolute bargain.

I see it every day of the week so called mentors charging like wounded bulls for limited or no information at all.

Usually the cheap upfront initial hour is the entree and then to get to the main course you need to spend a lot more.

Alternative is to sit down with someone qualified and licensed and get a whole bunch of ideas to you own particular situation.

Course whilst people are still prepared to pay for it such organisations will carry on charging accordingly.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Had a back channel discussion with another member re B Invested a few months ago. Their experience was initially OK until they inadvertently received an email (from Daniel Young) reporting their meeting to Nathan. An addressing mistake that exposed their real thinking. It was completely unprofessional and showed a distinct lack of any respect for clients who don't convert to cash cows. 

Definitely changed my opinion of B Invested as a business and reinforces my belief that most industry players like to present themselves as 'helping' their fellow investors out of some sense of goodwill is in the main BS. It never ceases to amaze me at how quickly this urge to 'help' evaporates when there's no likelihood of a payoff immediately or further down the track.

Profile photo of gctleunggctleung
    @gctleung
    Qlds007 wrote:

Alternative is to sit down with someone qualified and licensed and get a whole bunch of ideas to you own particular situation.

Is this a service that your company offers? If so, do you take on clients from outside of Queensland?

Thanks

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Wow makes the 90 minutes i spent with a forum client this morning for the price of a cup of coffee look like an absolute bargain.

lol – tell me about it! 90 minutes is worth at least two lattes though.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi GCT

Yes it certainly is.

My business partner who is based in Melbourne also offers the same.

Between us we cover Qld / NSW / VIC and in fact i was down in Vic over the weekend with her seeing a load of new forum clients.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Woody1986
    Participant
    @woody1986

I recently had a MAP meeting with one of Nathans business partners. I had heard very good things about Nathan and beleive he definately has good intentions although I was definately left very disappointed with the MAP meeting. It was very vague and there was no real direction apart from "you should save a bit more money" and invest in property that is cash flow positive and get creative…     This was very high level stuff and I went in with the belief there was going to be an actual property investment plan with some analysis on where I am now compared to where I will be if I follow there plan…There was no such action plan and towards the end of the interview the mentor was continually looking at their phone while receiving messages in which I decided to end the meeting and they then ducked off to the auctions they were attending in Mount Druit…..Nathan had stated that he would come down during the meeting although didnt show in which I was disappointed as I believed I would be seeing him during the meeting……From what I believe , B invested is a new company and I do believ Nathans intentions are good as he seems like a nice bloke although from "MY" experience I definately wouldnt reccomend it as there was No personal advice and nothing you cant pick up in education from this forum or from buying property magazines…..

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.