All Topics / Help Needed! / Ways of Reducing Minimum Mortgage repayments

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of propertymistropropertymistro
    @propertymistro

Hi all.  Does anyone know any good methods to have the bank reduce my minimum mortgage repayments eg. refinancing out to 30 years, and switching to Interest only loan payments.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Refinancing to a more competitive rate is another way.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Call the bank and ask to speak to the discharges team. Tell them Advantedge is offering 5.38% if you refinance. See if they can come close to it and if possible match it (highly unlikely though). 

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hard to comment without a bit more information on the actual numbers.

If merely reducing your repayments over the next 12 months is a goal then you could look at a 1 year fixed at 4.99%.

Doing this interest only would make a difference to your current expenditure.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of grimnargrimnar
    Participant
    @grimnar

Is it a PPOR or an IP?

If an IP you may be able to submit a PAYG tax variation so that you get that part of your tax return related to the property back in your pocket each week, rather than at tax time. Something like that would improve your weekly cashflow without actually changing your mortgage repayment.

Accountant types on here will be able to go into more depth on that subject…

Otherwise, as you said, look at refinancing to an interest only loan or at a lower rate.

Also, look at what kind of other incentives come with the loan product. For example, with our PPOR home loan we can reduce our repayments by 50% for 6 months if my wife has kids. If that is your situation, then something like that could be useful for you. Others loan products have similar arrangements for financial distress, etc.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Course one of the best ways to reduce your PPOR repayments is to reduce the actual loan balance.

Often investing and getting a better investment rate of return than the borrowing rate you are being charged can produce excellent results.

Make a provision for CGT from your profit and place the balance in your offset account.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of propertymistropropertymistro
    @propertymistro

Thanks everyone who provided constructive information regarding my initial post/question!!  Have a great day!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.