All Topics / Help Needed! / NPA property group

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of markintownsvillemarkintownsville
    @markintownsville

Hi all, First post.

Has anyone had any dealings with NPA Property Group? They are a property group that "helps" acquire new properties Australia wide. I've seen the other post on New Projects Australia, but was just after some more recent and detailed experiences with NPA.

I attended one of their Needs Analysis meetings today and they were very professional in listening to my needs/goals etc.  The appointment lasted an hour. 

Next step is getting their statement of advice in a week or so.  I was adamant that I wasn't interested in negative gearing.  Let's see what they come up with!

One concern I do have is that apparently their service is free.  The consultant was adamant ( I questioned this more than once) that they get their fee "out of the builders profit margin".  The consultant assured me that the sum was modest and that it wasn't some 20-30k as some others get.  Apparently being nationwide gets them some good volume discounts.

I then asked for a financial services guide/schedule of fees and she stated that they didn't have one but she offered to show me a generic breakdown of costs.  I am finding it hard to believe that they would go through the initial free consultation and offer a statement of advice for free.  There must be a large margin on the property?

Any thoughts?

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Don't settle for anything less than fully documented and verified information about their compensation, then you can compare the sales person's conviction with some reality. 'Free' can be a very expensive option in some cases!

Birds of a feather marketeering companies; but very generally you are looking at 25-40k margins on top of the developers profit, I have seen as much as 100k though when they are squeezing this much the valuations are understandably harder to make stick. Some 'clubs' operate off 6.6% commissions, whatever way you slice it the markups tend towards intolerable.

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Hi I would agree with Andrews comments free meeting working out what they can sell you. Frankly you will get a lot further dealing with someone like Andrew because he will charge you a fee but he is working in your interests

You could also consider our club if you are after quality education

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of markintownsvillemarkintownsville
    @markintownsville

Thanks for the response guys.

I will definitely be asking for something concrete in regards to their payments before I would go any further with them.  I will also make sure I do some due diligence in regards to the property and any areas that they recommend.

On the plus side, there was no hard sell, no pressure.  I was pretty forceful in telling the consultant what I wanted and didn't allow any BS.

I will see what they come up with in their Statement of Advice and will post excerpts on here if anyone is interested to see.

Has anybody dealt directly with NPA?

keep the comments coming!

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Gosh these groups just keep popping up im losing count. Andrew's comment above is great – I personally like to see a track record and talk to people who have used their services before.

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of BigCubezBigCubez
    Participant
    @bigcubez

I had an initial meeting with NPA also. They think that negative gearing is the only way to go due to tax savings, and because of the cost of the builds I would be interested to see if they could find you anything positively geared. My guess is that they will probably try harder to sell you on negative gearing.

@markintownsville

BigCubez,

Where abouts did you meet up with NPA?

Did you end up going with another mob or did you go DIY?

Profile photo of BigCubezBigCubez
    Participant
    @bigcubez

In Mackay. I'm going to look elsewhere as I already have a negatively geared property and I'm looking to boost my cashflow.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

I expect statement of advice will be heavily biased towards a new property with depreciation to save tax.

If you feel a few sharp thumps in the back that is you being bashed into a position that suits their model.

@markintownsville

LOL.  After reading all the cons of buying off the plan, it looks like I'll be looking somewhere else.  I'll still see what they have to say though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.