All Topics / Creative Investing / Semi retired at 28

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi S

Shoot me an email and i can send you a PDF copy of the article.

Sign up for the Property Know How Club meetings and come along as i will be talking at the meetings.

Trust me after a month in the UK on holiday i am champing to get back to Brisbane and back to work.

Johann, thankfully there is limit of how many pairs of shoes you can get in a suitcase.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Hi S

Shoot me an email and i can send you a PDF copy of the article.

Sign up for the Property Know How Club meetings and come along as i will be talking at the meetings.

Trust me after a month in the UK on holiday i am champing to get back to Brisbane and back to work.

Johann, thankfully there is limit of how many pairs of shoes you can get in a suitcase.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Hi Richard, 

Any chance of you and Nigel getting down to Sydney anytime soon…..? Or are you going to make me travel all the way to Brissy to buy you that coffee…? LOL!

Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

Hi S,

Getting motivation is the easy part in life, There are plenty of successful people in life that you can look up to, When I drive to work rather then listening to the radio about "how bad the world is" I go on you tube, turn the blue tooth on and listen to documentaries of successful people.

Richard their might be a limit on how many shoes you can fit in a suit case but my wife has found a site form the UK…

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Had a client in Sydney who ran nightclubs. Has a gorgeous wife who likes to 'collect' expensive shoes. Wouldn't buy anything under $1000. She bought mail order from high end retailers all over the world. I asked her what her little collection was worth and she said $60k+

You see Jo when the wife's got a wardrobe full of shoes you'll know you've made it. Imelda always thought so

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel
    Freckle wrote:
    Had a client in Sydney who ran nightclubs. Has a gorgeous wife who likes to 'collect' expensive shoes. Wouldn't buy anything under $1000. She bought mail order from high end retailers all over the world. I asked her what her little collection was worth and she said $60k+

You see Jo when the wife's got a wardrobe full of shoes you'll know you've made it. Imelda always thought so

i

I don't understand women and shoes. It's a bit like people who collect DVDS. Use them once then leave them sitting on the shelf.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Mine collects houses ;-)

cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

I'd question whether her shoe collection is "worth" $60k because people don't like to buy shoes that have been on someone else's skanky feet.  She certain "paid" $60k for them…. but as for their worth… what's the price of a pair of shoes at a Salvos store these days? $5 ?   surprise

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm
    JT7 wrote:

Hi Richard, 

Any chance of you and Nigel getting down to Sydney anytime soon…..? Or are you going to make me travel all the way to Brissy to buy you that coffee…? LOL!

I've been waiting for Richard's Melbourne visit for over a year now hahaha.  I'll flip you for it JT.  Heads Richard is required to visit Melbourne, or Tails Sydney….

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Lol good point!

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle
    JacM wrote:
    Ipeople don't like to buy shoes that have been on someone else's skanky feet.     surprise

ROFL… this girl was far from shanky. All I could do to stop my boys drooling down their shirts all day. They kept going missing in action through out the move(s) we did for this client. Of course being married I was hardened to this type of distraction.

PS: Shoes were still in their boxes.

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Did a similar thing when I had the first ppor paid off.  Instead of staying put I grab a cheap international multicountry return air ticket around 1.5K, withdraw around 5K from savings and loaded up the credit card. Decided to see how far and how long 4K would last back packing around various countries before spending the last K travelling around oz.  All in all did this for just under 2 yrs and more countries than I possibly thought possible covering a lot of Asia and the Americas from Canada to Central America. 

Go out have fun and enjoy the world.  Then come back and reevaluate what you want from life.

For those that may ask loading up the credit card is basically putting money into the account to use it as a debit card first without using it as a credit card.  This was also a time in the past when debit cards weren't always accepted overseas in some countries and save carrying two cards.

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.