All Topics / Help Needed! / Starting Over – the ex got the 90%

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Profile photo of donavan1970donavan1970
    @donavan1970

JacM,

You are correct.

I need to select the right property for all the reasons you mentioned, and will take all the risks into account.

All I meant was that if the right property is in Brisbane or Melbourne or overseas it really doesn't matter, but the property and the critical factors are vitally important, to any investment proceeding.

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

My understanding is that marriage wasn't the issue, just her being your partner and having kids together was enough.

I bet she now also receives a decent chunk of money from the taxpayer to assist in maintaining the lifestyle to which she had become accustomed.

The whole system is screwed up. 

Profile photo of PrimePropertyInvestorPrimePropertyInvestor
    @primepropertyinvestor

Hi Donavan, 

It is great post topic. Well done on taking actions. First thing I would suggest you to do is to find the wright mentor for you. He will help and hive you guidance and also it will increase your productivity. 

It is hard for me to suggest any mentors as we are in UK and our mentors are UK based, but I am sure you have a lot of very good mentors back there.

All the best!

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

A growing and quite large market segment unfortunately, people in their 40's early 50's usually and recently divorced and looking to rebuild wealth.

Of little consolation I'm sure but to move forward it's probably best to focus on what has been retained. In this case it's a good salary and flexible time and also a motivation to rebuild, combine this with your health and hopefully good relations with the ex and children and it's beginning to look a whole lot better. Good luck with your journey!

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm
    donavan1970 wrote:
    JacM,

You are correct.

I need to select the right property for all the reasons you mentioned, and will take all the risks into account.

All I meant was that if the right property is in Brisbane or Melbourne or overseas it really doesn't matter, but the property and the critical factors are vitally important, to any investment proceeding.

Good stuff Donavan, sounds like you have a sensible mind.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Donavan

With respect to our chosen niche, i.e. vendor finance (VF), we were well past 40 when we did our first VF transaction in 2003 and both my wife and I had moved, full time, into our VF business by July 2009.  We now use the positive cash flow from our VF properties to support our buy & hold portfolio and to live off.

Cheers,  Paul 

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of donavan1970donavan1970
    @donavan1970

Thanks for this advise.

I have joined the Property Know How group to obtain the best advise from all walks of life, and find a mentor.

@donavan1970

Your right Mattnz.

And what's more she ops not to work in her great paying job, because it would cost me less if she did.

@donavan1970

Thanks Andrew,

I am totally committed to becoming very financially secure so that I, my new partner, and all of my children (both from my new relationship, and from my marriage) are well supported.

The motivation is huge. There are those people that when thrown from a horse, never gp near them again, there are others that get straight back on, and seek to tame the beast. I never give-up, and the harder the fall the more reason to get back-up.

@donavan1970

Paul,

I haven't yet taken a look at the vendor finance information that you sent me.

I am on a huge personal growth year, and am just prioritizing everything.

I am getting fit (having lost 16kg since my marriage seperation of 15 months ago.

I am learning the guitar.

I am becoming financially secure. I am reading the Steve McKnight books first, and will then look at all of the information people are sending regarding different opportunities.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.