All Topics / Creative Investing / advice needed for approaching seller for vendor finance

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of pauls05pauls05
    Participant
    @pauls05

Hi guys and Girls

Myself and my partner currently rent a house for $470 p/wk and are interested in approaching the owner about a vendor finance deal for the house we currentlyt rent.

The property has just come onto the market for $430,000 and believe it is a very good deal even at that.

Due to myself being a franchisee/self employed and us lacking in a 10-20% deposit for a lo doc loan we need to get creative with finace.

How would i best approach the owner with a finace deal that works best for both parties?

We have about 10-15K for a deposit and can afford above $470 for repayments

any advice would be amazing 

thanks

Paul

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Paul

Couple of ways to think about the financing of the deal:

1) Ask the vendor if he would be prepared to sell the property under Vendor Terms either using installment finance or similar.

2) Look at a lodoc loan for say 70-80% of the purchase price / valuation and then either get the Vendor to provide a 2nd mortgage carry back (Limited lodoc lenders that will allow this but they are out there) or use a 2nd mortgage Company that offers such private financing.

Hate to say you will pay a higher interest rate for a 2nd mortgage and it is likely that the loan will need to be a P & I loan but structured correctly you may find you have created additional equity by buying under market value in the first place.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of pauls05pauls05
    Participant
    @pauls05

Thanks for reply

That sounds quite interesting, Do you know of any lenders that do the second mortgage or are you able to set this up?

I actually emailed you all the details of my partner and i earlier today regarding mortgage advice.

Thanks for your time

Profile photo of pauls05pauls05
    Participant
    @pauls05

also if i have claimed the first home owners grant on one of my other properties can my partner claim her grant on a property we buy together?thanks

Profile photo of PrimePropertyInvestorPrimePropertyInvestor
    @primepropertyinvestor

Hi Paul,

Well done on asking those questions here. 

I agree with Qlds007 – you could propose to your landlord to buy house on installments, which is very popular at these times. The main thing is really to understand what is the reason for your landlord selling the house and understanding him would give you a lot of answers for you.

And yes, your partner can claim a grant if properties are bought together.

Good luck!

Participant
    @qlds007

HI Paul

No i hate to say if you define your partner as your spouse then regretfully no you can't claim the FHOG a second time even if she purchases in her sole name.

Refer to the OSR in your State for definition of 'Spouse'.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Paul

Hopefully you got my reply.

I am actually in the UK for Xmas and New Year but still working.

I did respond to you so feel free to come back to me and i can certainly try and guide you in the right direction.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Participant
    @qlds007

Hate to say Prime that is incorrect.

Paul would not qualify for the FHOG or State equivalent if he or his partner buy individually or together another PPOR once he has claimed the Grant on the initial property.

The Stamp Duty concession might be different depending on which State she buys in.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Paul

I suggest you go with Richard's suggestion as it's spot on.  There is another technique, called Rent To Own but, if I were you I'd follow Richard's suggestions, in the following order:

• Deposit Finance with either the vendor carrying back a second mortgage or securing a commercial second mortgage, or
    • Instalment Contract, i.e. a standard Contract for the Sale of Land with an Instalment Payment Schedule added, or
    • A Lease and an Option (often called a Rent To Own).  Possibly only consider this if the other two techniques are not acceptable.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.