All Topics / Overseas Deals / What are the Property investment requirements in Calfornia, USA?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of mcp200mcp200
    @mcp200

Hello

I  need some assistance regarding purchasing a private residential home in California.

I am a non US resident, I am from Australia and wish to purchase a investment home in California, so I'm not sure about the legalities of being a international buyer? I am not a company or a trust, just an individual and would execute the documents as an individual.

Also how would I be able to secure a home loan from a US bank?

I appreciate your advice and recommendations.

Thank You

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Mcp

There are no issues in you purchasing a property in the US as a non resident however funding it is a different matter.

Depending on the type of property you are going to be limited to 70% lvr and probably a minimum loan of between

$50K -$100K.

Rates are going to be similar to any other 2nd home purchase.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Marty_boyoMarty_boyo
    Participant
    @marty_boyo

70% LVR ! Which US lenders are lending to foreigners ?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Marty

There are many US lenders who lend to non residents however depends on the State which the property is located / minimum loan amount / type of property etc etc etc.

The other issue is the amount of time spent on getting the deals over the line which is another reason we are not taking applications from Australian investors.

With our UK clients the requirements are less and the time / reward makes it worthwhile.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.