All Topics / Opinionated! / 1300 Pest Control

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of lisainmelbourne29064lisainmelbourne29064
    @lisainmelbourne29064

Hi, I wanted to share a recent experience as a return customer to 1300 Pest Control.

After reports of termites at my investment property (North of Brisbane), I booked a pest inspection. Eager to find out how bad the problem was, I called the office the day following the inspection and was told without payment they would release no details, so I happily paid. I then received a scanned inspection report which was extremely hard to decipher due to the quality of the handwriting and the scan, so I tried getting into contact with the inspector. We had a conversation that without being able to read his report was very difficult to follow. I then had to work through my property manager to act on all his recommendations. This pest inspection occurred at my property in September 2012 and since then I have created a trail of emails to 1300 Pest Control asking for a copy of the report and I am yet to receive this. I have also called their office 3 times to ask the same and on Friday (21/12) I was very clearly put in my place by their receptionist Treath. All my emails and calls have received a response of the report will be mailed to you – what are your contact details again – and nothing to date has been sent. A call to their State Manager has resulted in no response also….I can't understand how a business feels justified in delivering this level of service.

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Wait a second – did I read it correctly the pest inspection report was 'handwritten'? I cannot believe that? Have you reported them to the department of fair trading?

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

I agree with shahin. For a largish company to give you a hand written report is pretty poor work in my books.

Profile photo of lisainmelbourne29064lisainmelbourne29064
    @lisainmelbourne29064

Thanks Shahin and Joe,

Yes, I was only provided with a very poor quality scanned copy of handwritten scribble – which I can't understand a lot of.

Shahin, thank you for your excellent suggestion to contact Dept of Fair Trading, which I'll do as soon as the public holidays are over.  I'm concerned that clients are paying anything from $225 to receive this level of service.

It's just not right and of particular concern when an owner/investor is trying to act on termites in their property – so the pest report is paramount.

Cheers,

Lisa

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Hi Lisa,

$225 for a Pest Inspection Report is Standard but that Standard is a professional 20 page report detailing risks, recommended solutions, identified problems, ratings, etc.  

Having said all that what was the outcome? Do you have termite damage? 

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of colinnewlandcolinnewland
    Participant
    @colinnewland

Flick this issue straight to the Dept of Fair Trading.

If you paid via a Credit card (always), lodge a complaint with them that you did not received what you paid for (a 'legiable'  inspection report) and ask for a 100% refund.

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Pretty straight forward. I've highlighted the areas that would most concern this claim.

http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/guarantees-warranties-refunds.htm

As a consumer, the law automatically provides you with guarantees on certain goods and services. These are called consumer guarantees.

You are guaranteed that the goods you buy:

• are of acceptable quality
    • match the description, sample or demonstration model you were shown
    • are fit for their intended purpose
    • have clear title, unless otherwise stated
    • do not have any undisclosed securities (money owing on them)
    • come with a right to undisturbed possession
    • will have spare parts and repairs available for a reasonable amount of time after you buy them
    • will have express warranties honoured.

You are guaranteed that the services you buy are:

• provided with due care and skill
    • fit for purpose
    • completed within a reasonable time.

If a good or service fails to meet a guarantee, you have rights against the business you purchased them from and, in some cases, the manufacturer. They will have to provide a 'remedy' – an attempt to put right the fault, deficiency or failure.

Profile photo of freykartsfreykarts
    Participant
    @freykarts

Can’t believe there are still modus such as this. But when a service provider asks for payment first before the actual work, isn’t that already fishy.

Stay safe!

Frey | https://www.aucklandpestcontrolnz.kiwi/ | Auckland NZ

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.