All Topics / Creative Investing / Land scarcity issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

There has been talk for years about land scarcity in Sydney for years none more so than in our cemetaries.

Do you see this as a buy & hold proposition? Something for the SMSF maybe?

What are your thoughts on subdivision/granny flats oops grave stacking?

But seriously, can grave plots make good investments? Is the proposed review going to have any effect on the cost/value of sites?

Read more & contribute: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/reforms-to-address-grave-capacity-problem-with-a-plan-for-plots-to-be-reused-after-50-years-20121220-2bpgm.html

Profile photo of alfrescodiningalfrescodining
    Participant
    @alfrescodining

I read an article recently that talked about how something like 65% of people are going for cremation these days due to scarcity of plots and the high cost of them. This could cause a permanent behavioural shift away from burial. Also natural (backyard) burial is on the increase with the eco-warriors. However some cultures will always buy plots due to their religious requirements. I also reckon its one of those things where the government could interfere with extra regulations to spoil an otherwise good investment.

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

I read an article couple years ago about land scarcity for burial plots. The solution was to place the coffin upright meaning your standing instead of laying down. So much for resting in peace!

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

The grave plots investment is actually happening in many Asian countries. ( i believe in many other country as well)

Many people buy themselves a spot when they are still alive.

You can check on google. it is not new.

I guess it's all about the marketing. Funeral industry selling their product that's all.

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.