All Topics / Forum Frolic / What’s One Big Thing you’d like to Accomplish in 2013?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Profile photo of SundanceSundance
    Participant
    @sundance

My intention is to stop being a "gonna" and become a "doer".  In 2013 I will:

1. Settle on IP 2 later this month.

2. Buy year IP 3 and 4. 

3. Sell land that's been on the market for way too long.  Have just reduced price drastically so hoping to attract a buyer soon.

4. Sell PPOR and downsize to smaller PPOR.

5.  Put excess funds towards investing.

Sundance

Profile photo of KevinGrunertKevinGrunert
    @kevingrunert

Hi Ian,

Do you know yet what kind of products you will be selling on your web site?

Kevin.

@kevingrunert

Looks like a busy year ahead for you, Tim! 

What methods will you be using to generate income on your two new web sites, and what are they going to be about?

Kevin.

@kevingrunert

Hi Katie,

Getting rid of your personal debt is a great feeling – I achieved this in 2012 by selling the first property I developed (originally as a PPOR). 

Have you chosen the business model and content/topic/market that your internet income accelerators will be targeting yet?

Kevin.

@kevingrunert

I've enjoyed reading everyone else's goals… Now, for my 2013 goals:

1. Complete builds on IP's 2 and 3 one month sooner than IP 1 was completed in 2012. I will achieve this through being more active in the process and following up the builder and contractors more regularly to get the work completed in a timely manner.

2. Rebrand and relaunch my blog. The new blog will only contain information about property investing and property development, rather than the mish-mash of content that I have on my blog at the moment.

3. Establish a monthly meet-up group in Adelaide for property investors to get together and discuss their projects, properties and problems with other like-minded investors. 

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7

I'd settle for achieving a full nights sleep…..up again at stupid o'clock in the morning. Note to self, no more babies! cheeky 

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Jack, see you do not intend to listen to your Broker's advice in 2013…….

There was me suggesting 1 more dependant could actually increase your serviceability.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of rusty05rusty05
    @rusty05

Wow, a full night's sleep… In our house of little ones that's more of a dream than a goal – Good luck with that :) 

My goals are to purchase next IP, possibly sell existing IP to raise capital to renovate PPOR (I know, I know bad debt!) and reduce business debt. Also determine best structure to move full steam ahead.

Oh yeah, also keep working on that elusive work/life balance!

Rusty

Profile photo of N@thanN@than
    Participant
    @n-than

1. As boring as it is, my ultimate goal this year is to get my home loan down to an amount that will allow us to pay it off in 2014!! Oh that will be a magical day!

2. The misses is already on board but as the year goes on try and keep her convinced that we don't need any holidays this year to help concentrate our money into goal number 1!

3. Have a hassle free settlement on our next IP in 4 days time! fingers crossed.

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Jack, see you do not intend to listen to your Broker's advice in 2013…….

There was me suggesting 1 more dependant could actually increase your serviceability.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

LOL!

Hi Richard,

Yes…probably the first and last time I ever disregard your advise mate….

I'm just hoping things change next election and that should take the pressure of me…

So, with that said, no covert emails to Sally suggesting just one more lol! 

Jack 

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7

Some truly inspiration goals guys…..

My financial and investing goals in 2013 are….

• Purchase IP 6.
    • Set up for IP 7 for acquisition early 2014.
    • Purchase more physical silver bullion.
    • Continue to educate myself on the futures markets.
    • Be active in the futures markets. 
    • Continue my financial learning. 
    • Continue to develop myself personally. 
    • Continue to be focused on, and motivated to achieve my goals. 

Jack 

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    JT7 wrote:
    Some truly inspiration goals guys…..

My financial and investing goals in 2013 are….

• Purchase IP 6.
    • Set up for IP 7 for acquisition early 2014.
    • Purchase more physical silver bullion.
    • Continue to educate myself on the futures markets.
    • Be active in the futures markets. 
    • Continue my financial learning. 
    • Continue to develop myself personally. 
    • Continue to be focused on, and motivated to achieve my goals. 

Jack 

Spent the night thinking about this and I'm going to claim poetic license and make an amendment. 

• Purchase IP 6 & IP 7 before the end of 2013. 
    • Set up for multiple IP acquisitions into 2014 and beyond…..

Profile photo of moxi10moxi10
    Participant
    @moxi10

Hi Jack, it's good to see that you are making productive use of those sleepless nights! You've already gained a year on your portfolio goals! It's good to see your enthusiasm showing so clearly, mate. At the moment I can't define my goals so clearly, although I know I am very motivated to increase my property portfolio and ensure the financial security of my family's future,  but your goals and mindset are indeed inspirational. I think an uncomplicated way to express my goals is that I hope to be able to keep pace with you!

Cheers Tony

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    moxi10 wrote:
    Hi Jack, it's good to see that you are making productive use of those sleepless nights! You've already gained a year on your portfolio goals! It's good to see your enthusiasm showing so clearly, mate. At the moment I can't define my goals so clearly, although I know I am very motivated to increase my property portfolio and ensure the financial security of my family's future,  but your goals and mindset are indeed inspirational. I think an uncomplicated way to express my goals is that I hope to be able to keep pace with you!

Cheers Tony

Hi Tony,

thankyou for your kind words mate….

I am certain 2013 is going to be an absolutely fantastic year for the both of us. 

In relation to defining your goals…I think you just did. I don't think there is a more noble cause than to 'ensure the financial security of [your] family's future.'

Those words are an indelible indictment of the obvious strength of your character.

I'm very much looking forward to 'brainstorming' with you and Stu again in 2013…..

What an incredible journey this is….

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Jack why not have a look at the Options market Jack instead of the Futures market.

Just find it doesn't give me so many grey hairs especially the US Options market with each Contract being only 100 shares.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Jack why not have a look at the Options market Jack instead of the Futures market.

Just find it doesn't give me so many grey hairs especially the US Options market with each Contract being only 100 shares.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

I'll certainly take your advice Richard and have a close look at Options. 

I've been having some success with dummy futures contracts but certainly don't profess to be an expert. 

Just like any other investment including property I'm deep into my due diligence and tracking the market at this stage. 

I like the sound of the US Options though mate……

Jack 

Profile photo of JPS25JPS25
    Participant
    @jps25

IP 3 all approved just waiting on loan docs

Holiday to Penang for 2 weeks all booked for March we are looking forward to meeting up with my sister and brother in law from England there I haven't seen them for 3 years be 8 years for Paul

Lots of great company sun food and drink what could be better

Profile photo of ChrisA1ChrisA1
    Participant
    @chrisa1

That's huge Terry!!

All the best for the 6 month goal!

Would be good to check in again in June 2013 or so to see how everyone is progressing (or give a slight kick… if people need it….)

ChrisA1

Persistence is 'to keep on keeping on, no matter how hard the going may be'

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    JPS25 wrote:
    IP 3 all approved just waiting on loan docs

Holiday to Penang for 2 weeks all booked for March we are looking forward to meeting up with my sister and brother in law from England there I haven't seen them for 3 years be 8 years for Paul

Lots of great company sun food and drink what could be better

Congrats JPS…..

One step closer!

Profile photo of StormyStormy
    @stormy

This year 2013 ;

1. Do some reno's on the property I have just bought
    2. Fight for more visitation with my son
    3. Commence my on line business
    4. Take sailing lessons for when I move aboard a yacht in a couple of years
    5. Continue writing my book

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.