All Topics / Help Needed! / Help again for sloping block

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Woody1986
    Participant
    @woody1986

Hi guys. I posted earlier about looking at a sloping block and costs associated with this. Is there a rough guide to how much extra I should factor in?

I have got a quote of a company for 168k for a 3bed ensuite without factoring in sloping site costs. Its hard to tell how much the slope is although there is homes built to either side of this.

The home to the right looks like it has piers around 2m high at the front of the house and the house to the left has no peirs but has to garage built at the front of the house which looks like it counters the block slope

I was hoping to keeo the build price under 200k although I have put a holding deposit down on the block now and am having doubts about this. Its hard to tell from just looking at it but if anyone would have a rough guide of looking at the block with the houses next to it on google maps the addess is 16 Shoalhaven drive woy woy   …I am just not sure what constitutes a steep block in building terms  . Any help is much appreciated

thanks again

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Talk to  local builders. They know the area and local authority requirements. Local architects and engineers are another source. They should be able to give you building options like cutting in or building on top etc and associated ball park figures. 

It's a straight forward build on that block. About the least complicated and expensive for a sloping site you could get. 

Profile photo of mbuildingmbuilding
    Participant
    @mbuilding

To determine actual cost, you will need to get Land Contour Survey and Soil test done.

Any visual inspection and cost estimated based on it worth no value at all. it can backfire on you if council has strict rule about storm water and retaining walls.

Above survey will cost you around $1000-$1500 but it will be money well worth spent, and if you go ahead with purchase you will need them for DA and other construction related documents.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.