All Topics / Overseas Deals / “The US Spruiker” – an email dialogue :)))

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen

Unknown US property spruiker – "Hi, we've got great opportunities, would your clients be interested???"

Me – "Maybe, please provide legal, financial and client references like these samples of ours"

Spruiker – "Sure, within the next day or two!"

(Three weeks later…)

Spruiker – "Hi, me again! So have you got any clients for us???"

Me – "Well, no, since we still haven't received the requested info, and to be honest, stopped waiting for it"

Spruiker – "Oops, thought I sent it! Here it is!!!"

Me – "That's your company registration papers, nothing to do with what I requested. Lets drop it, we're clearly not on the same page here".

Spruiker – "Your snide remarks are SO uncalled for! Goodbye!"

And the worst part is, they probably have more than a few patsies invest with them…

Ziv Magen- Manager, Asia-Pacific

NTI – Global Real Estate – Japanese Property

http://www.nippontradings.com

Ziv Nakajima-Magen | Nippon Tradings International (NTI)
    Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

Your snide remarks probably saved you big time!! Goodbye!

Profile photo of Daneo79Daneo79
    Participant
    @daneo79

HA!

I have had spruikers contact me for various things in the past.

they always seem to get snippy when you ask for 'unreasonable' things such as;

Facts.

Financial statements.

References.

Nice work Z man!

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Its always good to ask basic questions like have you ever been there yourself?

Do you know the supplier?

These may sound like silly questions but on many occasions you will find the answer to the above to be no.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc

Some how I Take offense when I see US

in a negative terms

Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen

You really shouldn't, Alex, as my initial reply to the question implied, and as I wrote here on more than one occasion. There are great operators (I'd guess yourself included) that I've referred people to time and time again, operating in the US.

its just guys like these that give a country a bad name – but they exist everywhere (yes, even in japan, although so far I've only run across one of those here, they're very rare).

Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Participant
    @alex-sc

Ziv

How are you? No worries I do believe in what my company does and others in the USA.  At the same time I met some wonderful Australian people as well. Actually this forum has helped my company reach and open many international markets. Strong contacts and new partners from those areas.

So Not complaining there is some great advice given here . From all aspects buyers , sellers , resellers.  More of less I just  do not like to see the USA name bashed when people are people where every you go.

Spruikers USA and Australian and others places are all  alike. I call them slick sales men ( or women ) here in the USA.

Just rambling now but this title should sale SPRUIKERS IN General but than again just my two cents.

Find me on skype some time ..

Sorry for spelling mistakes early and tired

Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

Nothing speaks more volume than to just let somebody talk to a partner that you work with from the same country.

What kills me is the people that ask tons of questions and never intended to buy and just wanted to squeeze you for knowledge angry

Aussie spruiker, lol.

Participant
    @alex-sc

Kyler  whats up ? I spent numerous hrs on skype and emails with people asking questions. Some times more then I should but in the end.Information , seminars , radio , magazines are all ways we advertise. So I know there are alot of people that just ask questions. Guess it ups to us to read between the lines. At the same time I had people ask questions then come  back a year later and do business with our company,

Talk soon

seems like you all getting hammered with that storm

Participant
    @zmagen

Not sure what you mean by "just asking questions"- this is how potential clients learn about a particular industry or opportunity, then decide if they wish to invest in it – once they have complete information. I for one am happy to answer questions and provide information for months on end, before, during, after or instead of the investment cycle – it's part of my responsibility as a service provider – to make sure the potential client is informed, comfortable with their decision, and makes the best choice for their criteria (which sometimes mean they won't be investing with us, and that's perfectly fine too).

to expect someone to hand their life savings to a company without making darn sure it will be put to appropriate use is insane, and a recipe for disaster down the track ("WHAT??? You never told me I will have to pay for INSURANCE!!! I want my money back, you swindler!") – I'll take the tire kickers over this scenario any day of the week.

as for "squeezing me for knowledge", sorry Kyler, I normally agree with you on most things, but that's just ridiculous. I take pride in my knowledge and expertise, and am grateful when its recognized as such. Industry leaders and power networkers achieve the best results and reputation exactly BECAUSE they are happy to provide their expertise without expecting anything in return. There are no secrets, only information flow. I queried quite a few US suppliers here on behalf of my associate, who was considering buying property there at the time. She ended up choosing to invest elsewhere, but I've since referred at least a dozen other individuals and firms to those three or four most responsive and candid providers because they were exactly that – responsive and candid. If that's not immediate and direct value for their time, I don't know what is.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @alex-sc

Ziv

I am with you. I feel that having the time to answer the questions and give the information is what separates people.

This is investing and people need to know us much as possible before doing anything.

That is why we have forums chat room , seminars , and other ways to get the information that is needed

Alex  

Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

LOL, u guys are to much sometimes.  I got replies for both of you.  Been MIA with my wedding and honeymoon laugh

Participant
    @alex-sc

Congrads on wedding and honeymoon that would explain trip to florida

actually dec 16th was my 17th year anniversary

well if you wondering why I am emailing and posting at 225 am LOL Crossfit at 530 am

talk soon

Participant
    @zmagen

Oh, wow! Congrats, dude! Been wondering where you've absconded to ;) where'd you go for your honeymoon? 

(Got our own coming up, almost six months after the act – too bloody busy – Spain and Italy, here we come!)

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.