All Topics / Help Needed! / recommend a book for first time investing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of prudence1811prudence1811
    @prudence1811

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good book that is basically (everything you need to know about property investing for dummies)?

Regards

Prudence

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Prudence

There's a heap to choose from on this thread – https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums/community/heads-up/6845

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of AlasdairAlasdair
    Participant
    @alasdair
    Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

I like this book "Real Estate Finance and Investment Manual" by Jack Cummings. It is a great source of information!

Profile photo of prudence1811prudence1811
    @prudence1811

thanks, i've purchased Steve McKnights latest book, and now have alot of other reads.

Regards

Prudence

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Prudence,

Rather tan trying to wade your way through all of the books – first work out which strategy seems to make most sense to you.

I would suggest Steve's book/s from a cashflow perspective and Jan Somers books from a capital growth perspective.

After reading these you may then have a clearer idea about which strategy suits you and your situation and then focus further reading on that theory/strategy.

Profile photo of shereebeckershereebecker
    @shereebecker

Hi, Yes agree with Derek on the books, Steves books are good for general getting started and cashflow investing with formulas to help with your number crunching. Id suggest to not read one but many! Every author has their own spin/take on property and I've learnt something from every single book i've read on the subject, and still do. Once you have an idea of what you CAN do out there, and the different strategies, then you can narrow down the books to those that are specific to that type of field. And you'll find your interests change over time too, I went from negative gearing, to renovations and then to property options/vendor financing which is now my core business and main interest and theres plenty of books out there on all the first 2 subject areas. Not so much on the last topic but Rick Otton has his new book out How To Buy a House for $1 which has a more Australian based approach, the only others i know are more american based. For general ones theres also Jan Somers, Margaret Lomas books, Robery Kiyosaki ones although some differences with the american systems.

Cheers

Sheree

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.