All Topics / Creative Investing / Invest in building apartments

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of zleshemzleshem
    @zleshem

I would like to invest in building apartments.

That is to give cash to a small company which develops residential land or builds apartments and housing, etc.

Has anyone done that and could share their experience?

Thanks!

Z. Leshem

Profile photo of Jacob MartinJacob Martin
    @jacob-martin

I once invested in a building apartments but that didn't last long because I soon found out that the deal that I made is not legit…

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Make sure your solicitor is across this before you commit to anything. Also what credentials does the developer have?

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Lesham

Depending on how much are you talking about why don't you educate yourself and look at doing your own project.

Are you looking for a rate or return or a increase in capital?

Once we are aware of this then we can perhaps make some clearer recommendations.

We get enquiries from client's all day long wanting to invest in some of our developments.

We don't need to take external finance but when I talk to the clients what they often is a rate of return.

We can then often put them into some of our second mortgage schemes and they get a better rate than they would on an development.

As i say it is all about deciding what are requiring initially and then associating yourself with someone who can provide this.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of PrimePropertyInvestorPrimePropertyInvestor
    @primepropertyinvestor

Hi Zleshem, 

First of all invest your time in research about projects. It is very easy to give someone your money and tomorrow you might see it again – simply don't just follow your heart but do a lot of research. 

Second thing – decide what kind of return on investment you are looking for. When looking for a best project for a long time it is easy to lover your standards. I would say – decide what outcome you are looking for and stick with it.

All the best.

Profile photo of Ultra PropertyUltra Property
    @ultra-property

Hi Z,

Rather than just give your money to a company, spend time and educate yourself and start off with a small renovation or development. Ensure that or your due diligence has been done and check all aspects of zoning, development, finance and construction is being looked after.

I know in the past there has been syndicates who put in even amount of money together to purchase and developed a larger project and is manager by an external project manager. The outcome is that each owners get a dwelling below market or whole sale rate. Depending on your strategy its best to do your research carefully.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of JhaiMitchellJhaiMitchell
    @jhaimitchell

Where would you find a property syndicate to invest with?

Profile photo of Ultra PropertyUltra Property
    @ultra-property

I can't refer you to any. But if you find like minded people and each person needs to bring something to the table. Syndicates do exist but each syndicate works to the groups custom needs. There are pro and cons to joining a syndicate and it would be best to do you due diligence.

Profile photo of Jacob MartinJacob Martin
    @jacob-martin

Have no experience with it but I am very interested in what it brings to the table…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.