All Topics / General Property / Property investing in australia

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of propertyinvestor78propertyinvestor78
    @propertyinvestor78

Hello All, I'm new at property investing. I would like to ask u all what the latest suburbs in Australia that have a high capital growth as i would like to buy a property at a affordable price. I went to a Destiny financial solutions to do one of their workshops. Very expensive. Where can I get the information that I need to know about property investing? Websites? Etc. 

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Basically you need to decide on what your strategy is going to be. Then you need to look at the area in which you are going to invest and learn it like the back of your hand. Its called due diligence which is some many investors don't do a lot of. 

The problem with a lot of courses and mentoring programs is that they are generic they are more designed to make money for themselves rather than you. In other words in many cases they will try and sell you property. Then there are courses that promise to turn you into an expert in 4 days.

I believe it depends on how seriously you want to take things. Don't be afraid to spend money but be careful with how you invest it with

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Hi PI78,

You can ascertain a lot of information from this site. You need to set yourself a short and long term strategy. By this I mean what type of an investor are you? Renovator, starting out developer, passive investor, etc. Are you wanting capital growth? cashflow? From there you can determine what type of properties you want to buy and the areas. Start by attending as many open houses and auctions. Pick 2 areas and study them. Look at the demographic, trends, planned infrastructure, etc. 

What areas have you been looking thus far?

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of propertyinvestor78propertyinvestor78
    @propertyinvestor78

Thanks for both of your comments. I'm a beginner in this industry. How I go about getting this information? I don't want to spend too much money for the properties. I want to rent them out. My main focus is suburbs that hav high capital growth. How do I know this? Which areas of australia? Where do i get this information from? Does anyone hav ideas?  I wanted to do a course in melbourne but its so expensive roughly around $2000 for a two day course. I'm not sure you can learn all you need to know for property investing.

Participant
    @thefinanceshop

How much deposit do you currently have? That will in some ways dictate how much you can borrow and thus your budget. Can you renovate the property or considered subdivision? Or do you just want to passively invest? i.e. buy a place and hope there is a boom and you can get a decent CG? I think you are looking for someone to tell you which suburb to invest whereas I think you should think more broadly in the sense what can i do to the property to significantly increase my yield and/or CG.

Re the courses – what are they and what are they designed to teach you?

Regards

Shahin

Email Me | Phone Me

@propertyinvestor78

I hav saved up quite a bit of money. I hav an investment property. I am looking for someone to tell me where to look. I would like to learn the way to do this by myself. But how? Would like to rent and and also gain capital gains as well. The course is at destiny financial solutions – Margaret lomas. It's the essential property course.

Profile photo of ray buttersray butters
    @ray-butters

Im looking to invest in a two bedroom unit in campbeltown. Has anyone got any pros or cons on the area that could be of help? I have been researching the area and it is tipped for growth and the rent has been increasing by 8% each year for the last 3 years 

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Hi Ray 8% annual rental growth is not astounding… it's roughly how much the rent needs to go up by default to cope with the rising costs of the bills.  Anything else going for it?

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Kara47Kara47
    Participant
    @kara47

I lived in Camden about 16 years ago, so have some knowledge of the area. Lots of Housing Commission/ Department of housing in the area, some were whole suburbs at the time, with a reputation for high crime & vandalism. I believe some of these areas were going to be sold to private buyers.

At the time, the following were areas to avoid: Claymore, Minto, Airds, some parts of Ambarvale & Macquarie Fields.

Hopefully someone on here can give you some more up – to – date info. I'd suggest if you are looking at a unit, one close to the railway / shopping centres or bus routes might be in demand. Lots of people commute to the city for work.

The area has rapidly grown in the past 25 years or so, and there are lots of new subdivisions in the areas west of Campbelltown.

Cheers,

Kara

Profile photo of ray buttersray butters
    @ray-butters

Thanks for the info guys. Its positives are its a two bed two bathroom unit in a block of 10,5 years old and rents for $370 a week. Sounds good but I just don't know much about the area

@propertyinvestor78

I know campbelltown has good rent. Any other suburbs that are doing well. Would luv to know. 

Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Campbelltown is a good place to buy but you should be looking at buying a house rather than a unit budget permitting.

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

I would say there is no easy path from here, it will take time and effort to move anywhere worthwhile.

As you are starting out and looking for direction I believe the best method is to try and build a relatively broad introductory foundation of knowledge, this way you will be able to ask questions that are targeted and gain an insight into possible directions you would like to head, there are many ways you can do this however the best news is that at this stage I think none of these methods require spending large amounts of money.

A few ideas, no need for any of them to cost more than a small amount of money, the main investment would be your time.

> Join an investors group, the type that is about networking and education rather than selling you property.

> Fill your investing library up with books from your local library and plow through them

> Start meeting and networking with investors and people you think you might like to copy

Good luck and enjoy the journey :)

Profile photo of simplesimple
    Participant
    @simple

^

Good advice right there.

Sidenote, last inspections I made in Brisbane (last 4 weeks) looked sad. Agents look very lonely inside the big house. None is coming to have a look. 

Interestingly, 8 weeks ago, 50% of properties we made offer, already had offers. 

Market goes hot/cold in matter of weeks. First questions Agents now asking: Where do you stand financially (meaning do you have money)? Contract fail on finance clouse?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.