All Topics / General Property / Who do i contact to remove a curse? Priest?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 106 total)
  • Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel
    Scott No Mates wrote:
    Now that's a helluva lot better. The only thing missing in the copy is that the place if kid (pet) friendly/fully fenced.

Speaking of kid friendly, I’ve got kids kicking all that red rock on the footpath. Best part was I caught him in the act with mum right next to him and couldn’t give two hoots.

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel
    Scott No Mates wrote:
    Don’t tell me that they cut their neighbours’ grass ;)

I think the neighbor might be….

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Now, where did I read "do not covet your neighbour's wife (or cut his/her grass)" 

Participant
    @jmsrachel

My neighbor is sure coveting someones wife. Normally between 10am till 3pm, every day. It’s amazing what you hear when your walls are only 3″ thick.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

So Joe…. are you going to attend the open tomorrow, or send someone in, to see if the new pics have helped with traffic?

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Participant
    @scott-no-mates

He might just check out his neighbour's goat ;)

Participant
    @jacm

I see the property has vanished from the for rent pages of http://www.realestate.com.au and I figure this is because it has now been rented.  Joe, is that the case?

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Well if we have solves Joes problem, can we solve mine

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-colac-112164999

Why wont this sell – this is my 3rd go at it!!!

Cheers

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Participant
    @jacm

Hi Diana,  some thoughts:

– Third image… which is of the kitchen …. shame it doesn't have the colourful bits n pieces in the picture like image 2 does.

– Fourth image… which is of the front exterior …. seems to have been taken before the reno of the front garden?

– Sixth image … same deal as third image, would be nice if the colourful stuff was in the pic

– From the interior pics, looks like there are no window coverings?  Not sure if this is the case now… also not sure if this would be noticed by the buyer

– Is it viable to get a second pic of the bathroom that shows the handbasin and layout of the room

– A big mirror hung above the heater fireplace maybe?  With something colourful sitting on the mantle such as a vase of flowers?

– I can't help but wonder what the exterior would be like if the chimney was rendered & painted…  Don't even know if you can render or paint a chimney but I think it would give the front of the place a cute lift.  Some sort of colour that contrasts with the white and demands your attention.  I love the colour red but that would probably be taking things a bit too far for this circumstance hehe

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jacm

ps writeup still says it is "currently rented".  this might put off owner occupier buyers?  Might be better to say "Achievable rental is $240 per week"

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jmsrachel

UPDATE!! 

And this is no word of BS!! 

New agent lists the house last Wednesday, and opened it on Saturday. Got a sms from the real estate Saturday night at 6.30, that's right Saturday night saying 3 groups went through the property and will call me on Monday. People actually turned up !?!

Monday morning got a call 10am, PM found a suitable tenant, done all the checks, ie past rental history, current employment, etc…. All results came back fantastic.

How does this PM rent my house in 3 days??? The other PM passed the 3 month stage with only one person walking through the property. Mind you the Original PM hasn't even got back to me regarding how she went on Saturday, i just emailed her told her to leave the keys at reception. she's managing my other 2 IP's and thinking of giving them to the new PM.

Curse has been broken!! 

Participant
    @jmsrachel
    DWolfe wrote:
    Well if we have solves Joes problem, can we solve mine

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-colac-112164999

Why wont this sell – this is my 3rd go at it!!!

Cheers

D

Is there room to build a unit at the back? I was considering colac at one stage but the distance put me off.

Participant
    @jacm

Thanks for the update Joe, that is great news :)

Some reasons would include:

Decent pics that show the facilities of the property

An agent that actually advertises an open for inspection with several days notice so people can make a plan to turn up

An agent that actually turns up with application forms in hand

An agent that actually responds to phone calls from prospective tenants

An agent that IMMEDIATELY responds to an application, processes the background checks and has an answer for the applicant before they get bored of the idea and rent someone else's house.

So pleased you let us know how it panned out.  Just goes to show the power of a good pic and a decent agent.  Congrats!!!

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jmsrachel

The funny thing is straight after the open on Saturday the tenant that is moving in to the house actually called me in a panic state. When i asked her what's wrong she said everyone that came to the open handed in an application and that she should have first preference as she was first. She was begging to have her application looked at first. 

Life is strange, one minute nobody want's to know about it to all of a sudden people fighting over it. Goes to show the value of a good PM. Slugging me 7% though :(

Participant
    @jacm

How did this prospective tenant get your phone number?

Dude 7% or 6% or whatever is standard, and if you work it out, they are getting less than $1k per year to put up with however much effort comes their way.  If your tenant is a hassle with rent payments, your agent will have to converse with them often.  If they are of the obusive variety, guess who is on the front line.  The agent.  And anyway, the cost of it is a tax writeoff so it'll be closer to the $600 per year mark or something.  It's nothing. 

Coming back to the original issue, just goes to show hey.  The pics have to SHOW the facilities.  Even the driveway.  Doesn't matter what the driveway is made of, but you want to show you actually have a driveway.  The agent can bring you to your knees if they are not doing their job.  That said, I do not believe in giving free reign on my properties to the agent.  I have a brain and I can look at the ads of my property and if need be say hey, I see an issue, sort it out now.  Not in three months, now.  Perhaps I will have a different opinion if I ever have so many properties it doesn't matter any more, but when you are building your base portfolio, it matters.  You get in that drivers seat and you steer that ship EXACTLY where you want it to go. 

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jacm

ps as you mentioned, the old PM took 3months and didn't get you a tenant.  That is 12 multipled by $265 by the way.  That is a heck of a lot more than $1k.  I'll tell you what else… and you should be way more worried about this:  it's at the 90days vacant mark that you are no longer insured.  Check your policy out.  You do not want a vacancy of 90days.  You want to move in yourself for a couple of days or at least connect the power for a few days to have a paper trail that implies someone lived there.  Yup.  And let's not talk about the threat of squatters.

All in all, $1k a year for a PM to oversee your property, be the face that demands the rent, be the face that cops any abuse for anything at all….. very cheap.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jmsrachel

I agree shes worth the $1k. I actually called RACV tonight and told them tenants are moving in Friday so everything has been updated. Also increased the insured amount seeing it has been renovated. I want to protect the expensive Italian porcelain floor tiles! My new tenants wont know themselves!

Participant
    @jmsrachel
    JacM wrote:
    How did this prospective tenant get your phone number?

Dude 7% or 6% or whatever is standard, and if you work it out, they are getting less than $1k per year to put up with however much effort comes their way.  If your tenant is a hassle with rent payments, your agent will have to converse with them often.  If they are of the obusive variety, guess who is on the front line.  The agent.  And anyway, the cost of it is a tax writeoff so it'll be closer to the $600 per year mark or something.  It's nothing. 

Coming back to the original issue, just goes to show hey.  The pics have to SHOW the facilities.  Even the driveway.  Doesn't matter what the driveway is made of, but you want to show you actually have a driveway.  The agent can bring you to your knees if they are not doing their job.  That said, I do not believe in giving free reign on my properties to the agent.  I have a brain and I can look at the ads of my property and if need be say hey, I see an issue, sort it out now.  Not in three months, now.  Perhaps I will have a different opinion if I ever have so many properties it doesn't matter any more, but when you are building your base portfolio, it matters.  You get in that drivers seat and you steer that ship EXACTLY where you want it to go. 

She got my number through a tenant living in my other IP. My other tenant knew i owned the house and they must got talking. 

I was trying to have all my IP's all with the one PM. But wasn't meant to be.

Participant
    @scott-no-mates
    jmsrachel wrote:
    My new tenants wont know themselves!

Amnesia or dementia?

Participant
    @jmsrachel
    Scott No Mates wrote:
    jmsrachel wrote:
    My new tenants wont know themselves!

Amnesia or dementia?

They would probably claim one of the two when they fall behind on rent.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.