All Topics / General Property / Who do i contact to remove a curse? Priest?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 106 total)
  • Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

If i email the agent stating that i'm going to list the property with another agent is that a no no? I don't really want to leave on bad terms as i've been with them for years and have other property with them.

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel
    JacM wrote:
    Cool, you've got plenty of thoughts to work with… hope it helps Joe !  I have to say, I'd be seriously angry if my agent couldn't figure out what was wrong given that the main photo has newspapers on the window. 

LOL, she emailed me last week saying shes at wits end! No idea why! 

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

You don't have to be nasty about it… you can simply communicate that the vacancy is crippling you financially and you need to try something else to get the thing rented.  Whatever happens, some pictures need to change, it needs to have parking in its listing under the price, and there needs to be standard open for inspections advertised.  None of this call to make a personal appointment nonsense.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Participant
    @jacm

A floorplan could help too.  A floorplan with dimensions of rooms included.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jmsrachel

Your right. I think i need to start fresh with another PM. New photos, new PM. It's getting close to Christmas the longer it takes the harder it will be to rent.

Participant
    @jmsrachel

JacM do you want to be my PM? You'll find me a tenant in no time!

Participant
    @jacm

You must understand how rental agents are remunerated.  Pretty sure your girl gets paid a base salary and does not get a bonus if she manages to quickly tenant all the properties on her books.  If this is so there is no incentive for her to bother.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jacm
    jmsrachel wrote:
    JacM do you want to be my PM? You'll find me a tenant in no time!

Hahha. No, I'm not keen to be a rental manager. 

Now get your butt down to that house, measure the rooms and get a floor plan ready to issue to your PM.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jmsrachel

I agree and i would probably do the same. Perhaps a landlord should give the PM a bonus?  

Participant
    @jacm

Not for that kind of performance, no.

I give my PM a xmas present, and she is well aware I am appreciative of her efforts. But the difference is, she gets me great tenants, does so quickly, and keeps me very well informed of what's going on.

I do not see any point in rewarding someone that is sloppy.  So why would you give this PM a bonus? You should not have to point out to her that newspapers on the window of the feature photo is probably a problem.  That's her job.  

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

HOLY CRAP

just saw the pic!!

Put yourself in the tenants shoes………. they'd be walking… to the other house! I'm really not trying to be mean Joe!

New pics, new add, new agent, new tenants!

!

JacM has nailed many of the points.. but that's why we are all here, to help each other out!

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Participant
    @jacm

Yep.  Our job here on pi.com is to nitpick for the purpose of getting you a tenant asap.  Don't take any of the tips personally.  It's about getting cashflow into your pocket Sir Joe wink

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jmsrachel

No offence taken! I agree with you both and those photos really doesn't do the house much justice. Just about to email her now actually. 

I listed the house on Gumtree last week and the phone wouldn't stop ringing.  One look at the photo once i gave them the address and they wouldn't call back. Wonder why !!??

Participant
    @jmsrachel

Here is the link:

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-laverton

Looking at the photos again i must admit there not the best photos. The grass on the front has grown heaps more and the newspaper on the windows is gone and blinds are up.

This is what it used to look like:

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-laverton

I should have left it like this, i would have rented it in a week for $300!!!

Profile photo of JAYTJAYT
    Participant
    @jayt

prehaps you and your pm could work together and advertise as such "this beaut property comes with 1 weeks free rent. just intime for xmas and the festivity season" 1 weeks free rent will be a loss of $270. but it save potentially thousands in lost rent for the few months of vacancy. im looking at buying my tennants a xmas hamper this year as a way of saying thanks. treat tennants as your customers in the property investing game

Profile photo of PLCPLC
    Participant
    @plc

Joe,

Agree with the others. That main pic with newspapers over the windows suggests squatters have been living there, not a good look.

Updated nice wide shot of the front, added with at least a backyard shot with the others you already have would do wonders.

Cheers

Tom

PLC | Phoenix Loan Consulting
    Email Me | Phone Me

Melbourne based Mortgage Broker | Making Finance Simple

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

Getting back tomorrow your exorcism for the house, those pictures ergh! Hang some garlic over the doors to ward off evil spirits.

Alternatively bless it with a D9 & put a granny flat at the back & a basic project home on the front. More than double your returns.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi Joe,

Once you fix your pics the blurb should look a bit more like this –

Renovated three bedroom family home and so convenient

This family sized home has been recently renovated and is now ready to move into.

Why not enjoy the brand new immaculate kitchen and cook up a storm. The formal lounge is just waiting for your personal touch with classic polished floorboards. You’ll be more than comfortable all year round with gas heating and air-conditioning to the great sized lounge.

Excellent bathroom and laundry facilities and even a separate water closet means there is plenty of space for everyone.

This home has a great secure rear yard with plenty of space for the kids to kick a ball, and a shed for the handyperson of the house. There’s also plenty of car parking off the quiet street.

Don’t forget the location! Perfectly situated close to Laverton train station and shops, but in a nice quiet part of town, this home is superb. Walk to the pretty parks or local schools and enjoy your life.

Call today for your inspection, you won’t want to miss this home!

With some new pics, a new blurb and possibly a new agent (your old one might be ok with somee guidance), you should be right. You never know who might need to move before Christmas……

Cheers

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Participant
    @jmsrachel
    DWolfe wrote:
    Hi Joe,

Once you fix your pics the blurb should look a bit more like this –

Renovated three bedroom family home and so convenient

This family sized home has been recently renovated and is now ready to move into.

Why not enjoy the brand new immaculate kitchen and cook up a storm. The formal lounge is just waiting for your personal touch with classic polished floorboards. You’ll be more than comfortable all year round with gas heating and air-conditioning to the great sized lounge.

Excellent bathroom and laundry facilities and even a separate water closet means there is plenty of space for everyone.

This home has a great secure rear yard with plenty of space for the kids to kick a ball, and a shed for the handyperson of the house. There’s also plenty of car parking off the quiet street.

Don’t forget the location! Perfectly situated close to Laverton train station and shops, but in a nice quiet part of town, this home is superb. Walk to the pretty parks or local schools and enjoy your life.

Call today for your inspection, you won’t want to miss this home!

With some new pics, a new blurb and possibly a new agent (your old one might be ok with somee guidance), you should be right. You never know who might need to move before Christmas……

Cheers

D

You should be my pm along with jacm! Last night I emailed her some new pics that I took last week. I’ll email her this blurb and ask her to put it in as well.

Participant
    @jmsrachel
    IP Freely wrote:
    Getting back tomorrow your exorcism for the house, those pictures ergh! Hang some garlic over the doors to ward off evil spirits.

Alternatively bless it with a D9 & put a granny flat at the back & a basic project home on the front. More than double your returns.

Garlic?? I want people to come not run away! LOL

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.