All Topics / General Property / Who do i contact to remove a curse? Priest?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    jmsrachel wrote:
    DWolfe wrote:
    :D

Have u tried the egg thing?

Or what about Sage?

IT must be something before people even ring the agent……

D

Last week I sprinkled holy water all over the house straight from the catholic church. Don't ask how I got it! Didn't work, in fact made things worse cause its attracting ants.

Zombie ants or normal ones?

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Where's the link Joe?

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel
    AussieKiwi wrote:
    Ah Iknow what is wrong thought long and hard ?

It's HAUNTED LOL Laverton Melb was a old Military base just seen the history  date's back to the late 1800's 

Wouldn’t surprise me. While renovating the place I used to hear odd things like footsteps, etc. Never used to scare. At least somebody was coming to the house!

Participant
    @jmsrachel

Link will be up in 30 mins. Need an old school computer not a smart phone.

Participant
    @jacm

OK what is the address?

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jmsrachel
    Jamie M wrote:
    jmsrachel wrote:
    DWolfe wrote:
    :D

Have u tried the egg thing?

Or what about Sage?

IT must be something before people even ring the agent……

D

Last week I sprinkled holy water all over the house straight from the catholic church. Don't ask how I got it! Didn't work, in fact made things worse cause its attracting ants.

Zombie ants or normal ones?

Angry ants!!! 

Participant
    @jacm

Hi Joe

Yep that's the one I thought it would be.

Here is what I see.

For some reason it is advertised with 0 carspaces.  The bit right under the price where it says 3 bed 1 bath should also say 2 car, because there is off street parking (albeit not in a garage).

This is no scheduled open for inspection on there.  Would it kill your agent to pick a time for Saturday's open and advertise it as early as possible?  I would absolutely demand it be there no later than Wednesday midday, but given you have had a vacancy for a while, you'd think they could advertise it as early as possible to let as many people see when it will be open.

The main feature photo has newspapers taped to the windows.  Enough said about that.  Get them OFF and get the picture taken again.

I am not seeing a split system, probably important with the summer approaching.

Knowing the demographic of Laverton, a hell of a lot of cooking gets done in those households.  Unsure if that oven is up to the job for the kind of cooking people living in that area are doing.  I genuinely do not know.  Run it by the agent.  Maybe the oven is fine but the rangehood is not up to the job.  Ask the agent.

A basic garden bed with some colour along the front of the house might be an idea.

Main feature photo is the worst of all the pictures.  Probably I would put a couple of colourful items on the kitchen bench to make it look pretty, take a photo, and make that the main feature photo.

I do not see the need to mention that the alarm is not part of the deal.

Not sure why you chose to renovate the entire bathroom and keep a green bath.  Can you paint it white?

Hope this helps

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jacm

just clocked the aircon. ignore my mention of the split system.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jacm

When you re-do the photo of the front of the house, get the driveway in the picture to show there is offstreet parking for the car.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jmsrachel
    JacM wrote:
    Hi Joe

Yep that's the one I thought it would be.

Here is what I see.

For some reason it is advertised with 0 carspaces.  The bit right under the price where it says 3 bed 1 bath should also say 2 car, because there is off street parking (albeit not in a garage).

This is no scheduled open for inspection on there.  Would it kill your agent to pick a time for Saturday's open and advertise it as early as possible?  I would absolutely demand it be there no later than Wednesday midday, but given you have had a vacancy for a while, you'd think they could advertise it as early as possible to let as many people see when it will be open.

The main feature photo has newspapers taped to the windows.  Enough said about that.  Get them OFF and get the picture taken again.

I am not seeing a split system, probably important with the summer approaching.

Knowing the demographic of Laverton, a hell of a lot of cooking gets done in those households.  Unsure if that oven is up to the job for the kind of cooking people living in that area are doing.  I genuinely do not know.  Run it by the agent.  Maybe the oven is fine but the rangehood is not up to the job.  Ask the agent.

A basic garden bed with some colour along the front of the house might be an idea.

Main feature photo is the worst of all the pictures.  Probably I would put a couple of colourful items on the kitchen bench to make it look pretty, take a photo, and make that the main feature photo.

I do not see the need to mention that the alarm is not part of the deal.

Not sure why you chose to renovate the entire bathroom and keep a green bath.  Can you paint it white?

Hope this helps

Hi Jac,

I had to keep the bathtub as the house has cement walls and getting it out was going to be a nightmare. I was thinking of painting it. 

All the newspapers are off on the front windows and blinds are on. 

The rangehood is brand new so i'm hoping i will get a couple years use before changing it. The problem with laverton is you don't find the best tenants so i didn't really want to go out buying smeg appliances. 

But i agree, the photos are really bad

Participant
    @jmsrachel
    JacM wrote:
    When you re-do the photo of the front of the house, get the driveway in the picture to show there is offstreet parking for the car.

At the time of the photo being taken my ute was in the drive. I suppose the PM could have asked me to park on the road for 5 mins.

Participant
    @jacm

The newspapers may be off the windows, but they are still in the picture.  Get the agent to re-do and re-post the picture.

Gotcha re the bath.  Makes perfect sense.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jmsrachel

But the point i'm trying to make is for $265 a week is it really that bad of a place to rent? If the rent was hundreds more i could understand about the bathtub being tired looking and front being a bit dull. Where can you rent a house so close to the city with a train station on your door step for that price?

Participant
    @jacm

I don't think the bath is the issue.  I think the photo of the front of the house having newspapers on the windows and not showing the offstreet parking in the pic is the problem.  Anyone filtering their search to include only properties with parking will not even see your place.  And there needs to be a scheduled open for inspection advertised.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jacm

What about also putting a pic in there showing the backyard?  That would be relevant to families with young children.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jacm

I see in the writeup it has a shed.  Ask the agent to get a picture of that too.  Does the house have security doors?  If so, I'd be mentioning it and getting a pic of them too if they look sturdy.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jmsrachel

It's probably time to change PM's. I think the agent wont open the house unless someone calls up and makes an appointment because it's been listed for so long. I guess they have given up.

I'll email her regarding the front photo, looking at it again it's not very appealing. The backyard is clean but not really worthy of a photo, just uneven grass. Big enough for kids to play though

Participant
    @jmsrachel
    JacM wrote:
    I see in the writeup it has a shed.  Ask the agent to get a picture of that too.  Does the house have security doors?  If so, I'd be mentioning it and getting a pic of them too if they look sturdy.

No security doors, the shed is in decent nic, probably the only thing decent when i bought the place

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

I'd agree with Jac, the photos don't do anything for the house. Newspaper on the windows months after it has been put up for lease? Where are the blinds? Gardens/Lawns? Poor quality photos. Definitely needs open times listed. Other features – pet friendly or not?

Participant
    @jacm

Cool, you've got plenty of thoughts to work with… hope it helps Joe !  I have to say, I'd be seriously angry if my agent couldn't figure out what was wrong given that the main photo has newspapers on the window. 

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.