All Topics / Finance / 10 Questions To Ask Your (Prospective) Broker

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi All,

Caught this online article this morning and thought I would share it to assist those looking for a broker to assist them along the way.

Article can be read here

A few questions missing for me – particularly for property investors.

1. Are you a property investor too?

2. How would you structure my loans? Why? (assumption being you have discussed you current situation and plans)

3. What is your position on cross collateralisation?

Just a few extras that quickly come to mind.

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

Derek you make a good point about asking your broker if they are a property investor. The last 2 brokers I met weren’t property investors, in fact one of them was renting and still saving for a deposit. He was 36.

I think a good broker definitely needs a couple of IP’s under there belt.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

It's hugely important to use a broker that walks the talk when it comes to property investing.

You can tell the brokers/bankers that invest from the ones that don't have a clue. It's something that will become apparent within 2 minutes of speaking with them. You don't need to go through a list of 10 or 20 questions to find out. Call them, have a chat, complete their fact find or client analysis form and see what sort of advice they offer up.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Totally agree and have said it so many times before.

Would you have confidence in undertaking major surgery from a Dr who had never performed an operation before.

You want a Broker who shares the same passion and desire as you and also can lead by example.

Jamie is so right if you can't assess whether your Broker knows what he / she is talking about in the first 5 minutes of a conversation then getting them to answer a 100 questions will do you know good.

Hate to say anyone who emailed me 20 questions would not get a reply.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of AilimeAilime
    Participant
    @ailime

I am very thankful for Richard's reply… there are several things to learn and think about that I hadn't known or thought of.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.