All Topics / Forum Frolic / investment property in Norlane Geelong

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of suealemsuealem
    @suealem

Hi All 

I have just joined the forum and would like to know if anyone has any info on the situation of property growth in Norlane Geelong.

we bought our house in Norlane 2 Years ago and i have not seen any improvement in the market. the house is a weather board that me and my husband renovated just after purchasing the house 2 years ago, when i look on real estate.com i have not seen

much movement in the prices. the land is just over 700sqm would it be at all good to start to develope the land i was hoping to put 3/4 2bedroom units on the land. any info or insight is most welcome.

Profile photo of callmelescallmeles
    Participant
    @callmeles

HI,

I have three in Norlane.

The area is taking off.

Hang on to your hat.

Google Norlane which will show you the amount of capital infrastructure and building projects underway between State & Fedaral & local Jurisdictions.

Best

allmeLes

Profile photo of LanemanLaneman
    Participant
    @laneman

I live in Norlane, specifically Norlane West, and have done so for six years. Very happy there, and i reckon at some stage there has to be some realisation that it is a very handy place to live, at prices that are remarkable compared to any other area which is situated so close to two major cities in Geelong and Melbourne. There’s been so much talk of all the development South of Geelong such as Armstrong Creek and such, but already the infrastructure there is inadequate with roads and traffic, whereas in Norlane commuting is easy with numerous dual-lane thoroughfares available. If you are commuting to melbourne and back you have both Princes Hwy or the Ring Road to choose from, coming home you don’t even face a traffic light before reaching your door! Very happy living here, and have been here since early 2010.

Profile photo of sashsash
    Participant
    @sash67

Hi All
    I have just joined the forum and would like to know if anyone has any info on the situation of property growth in Norlane Geelong.
    we bought our house in Norlane 2 Years ago and i have not seen any improvement in the market. the house is a weather board that me and my husband renovated just after purchasing the house 2 years ago, when i look on real estate.com i have not seen
    much movement in the prices. the land is just over 700sqm would it be at all good to start to develope the land i was hoping to put 3/4 2bedroom units on the land. any info or insight is most welcome.

I would be patient. ….have a look at the growth in Realestate.com on the growth to now since 2007. The place has doubled in value since. Since it is still reasonably pricied..and close to good areas it will eventually gentrify albeit slowly.

I have one in Armstrong Creek…people told me there would be no growth…it has already moved in price. The rents is fanstastic $380pw on a 335k H&L price. The demand for rentals is huge…mine is in the Villawood Estate and once the Club goes in this year…I can charge another $15 more in rent.

Rebecca Harrison
    Participant
    @rebecca-harrison

Hi Sash,

I’m also looking at investing in Armstrong creek, I thought it was a new area but has seemed to be around for awhile.

I’m going through a company called Reventon for the complete house and land package to turn key for around d 403,000 4bedroom house on a block on 400.

How has the growth gone since you bought? looking that its also 12km from Geelong city and 15 to Torquay which I have heard is up and coming so its a nice distance between city and beach. also a train station 5kms and 2 schools coming in.

any advice you can give would be great for helping me make this decision

thankyou
    rebecca

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Rebecca,
    How does the price compare to other similar properties for sale there? That is quite a small block of land. So do compare apples with apples, eh?

I don’t know Reventon, nor Armstrong Creek, so I can’t deal in absolutes – sorry. But it’s always good to ask a few more questions….. It could save you thousands, or it could affirm the good value of the proposed buy !! Whichever, it’s all good.

Benny

Rebecca Harrison
    Participant
    @rebecca-harrison

Hi @benny,

its quite Similar I have notice it has fluctuated up and down 30 grand between a lot of property’s. I feel the difference is complete turn key as well, the one im looking at has everything included and all finishes on the inside. I don’t have to add extra such as clothes line, garden, paths etc. so there’s a 30grand difference and that’s just not with what im looking at either its with all of the new places there is no set price as such.
    this is one of the bigger blocks to as some are around the mid 300s. small yes when I’ve come from a house which was over 800, but high maintenance on the garden on that one.
    look like that’s the way its going these days to with all new land release they are much smaller.

thanks for your reply
    Rebecca

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.