All Topics / Finance / Gearing within SMSF for an NRAS Investment Property

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of stu82stu82
    @stu82

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to find out if anyone here has found a lender that will finance the purchase of an SMSF property through the NRAS. The opportunity makes alot of sense but there seems to be limited lenders who offer firstly SMSF loans and NRAS loans are even more scarce.

If anyone knows of a lender who offers both in the same loan that would be great.

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

NAB will consider it on a case by case basis + they will push you towards their commercial SMSF…

Liberty will do it at residential rates but they only accept house – no units or apartments ( funding via Adelaide SMSF)

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi stu

Yes you will be surprised how few lenders do offer SMSF loans and then how many of them are competitively priced.

A combination of SMSF and NRAS makes an interesting mix but yes can be done and i have done a few of them now.

SMSF are like shelling peas when you get to know the legislation and the lenders requirements and quirks you do them all day long.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of AussieKiwiAussieKiwi
    Participant
    @aussiekiwi

Today on Property Observer we report ASIC is currently undertaking “limited surveillance” of financial advisers and accountants over concerns that property spruikers are encouraging investors to set up self-managed super funds purely as vehicles for "dodgy" property investments. ASIC says it doesn’t want SMSFs to be the preferred vehicle for dodgy property spruikers.

So this is what I got from the property observer  www.propertyobserver.com.au

Participant
    @qlds007

Aussie K you are bang on and when i see property spruikers selling their wares to uneducated miners (not minors) on exceptionally high salaries but limited experience or understanding it makes you cringe.

Cooper Review a year or so ago made reference to the Govt on just that and whilst i understand the ATO are happy with the level of borrowing at the moment it makes you wonder whether some zealous spruikers will kill it for the rest of us.

That's' why i am always cautious about marketing firms whether they are selling to SMSF or merely mum and dad investors. You have to accept the fact they are not doing it for nothing and you want to make sure the property is worth what you are paying for it.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

We have lenders other than liberty and nab that will do it and without rate loading for the smsf. Recently had vendor finance for nras but no units or apartments as stated above.

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Participant
    @qlds007

As Don mentioned there are a few that will do SMSF NRAS and in fact another lender came on board only this week.

Remember the loan will be based against purchase price or valuation whichever is the lower so ensure that your lender or Broker discloses to you what the actual valuation came in at to ensure that you are not paying over the odds for the property.

This can often be the case with NRAS so be careful.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

We do a bit of conveyancing on NRAS properties

It is interesting that the purchase price often has to be negotiated down after a valuation doesn't stack up.  Some are great from the word go, others seem to inflate the NRAS benefit.

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Vals are still a big issue in nras. Although I am not seeing very much overpriced nras stockl like there was a while ago. Great if you are not the first in and there are settled sales before you to help out. Although had one this week and that still did not help us with the valuer. It was an Adelaide product through one of the mortgage managers. Review+++equaled digging heals in further. Then on the other hand had a homeside deal come back low recently  and we got the change based on some strong comps. Lower LVR though and it was a completed product rather than construction.

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.