All Topics / Overseas Deals / Flipping USA Property

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Profile photo of TOAM5TOAM5
    @toam5

Has anyone been successful in flipping properties in the USA recently?  What sort of money did you make? Does anyone know any companies that do this as a service for Australian clients?

Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

I don't ever see there being any type of service like that unless you get in a group with money or have a good connection. 

I do them with Aussie and Cali business partners.  They supply the capital and I locate the property, project manage, property management, and a buyer.  Split the profit down the middle.  Sometimes they will have money partners go in on a group of properties bought. 

I average 32,000.00 a month on flips :)

Profile photo of TOAM5TOAM5
    @toam5

Kylermice,

Thanks. That sounds interesting. Can you please advise the typical capital outlay and price points etc to do this type of project with you as a partner? What is the average turn around cycle. Do you have foreign partners etc?

Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen

Did you ever hear back from Kyler? I was also waiting on his reply…

Ziv Nakajima-Magen | Nippon Tradings International (NTI)
    http://www.nippontradings.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Profile photo of TOAM5TOAM5
    @toam5

Ziv, I had no further response from Kyler,

Kyler, are you still out there? Can you please respond to my question

Participant
    @kylermrice

Sorry Guys, I have been so busy i have literally been from dust till dawn.  This time last year I had time through the winter to post regularly.  As i was doing two of my own projects.  This year i have ten and counting. 

Toam5,

I had sent you a PM, along with others.

But i have no problem posting what i do.

Capital 20 to 50 thousand, returns of around 7 thousand low end and 15 thousand for high end.  Going to get at least 30,000 for the four plex i stole for 26,000 this summer.  Great strategies for each of them.  Just had a partner from Brisbane in town that got some steals. 

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3918-Charlotte-St-Kansas-City-MO-64110/80875210_zpid/

3918 Charlotte is a massive historic house, with original oak trim and floors, stone foundation and stone exterior to the second floor.  Over 3400 sq ft with five bedrooms on the second floor.  I have a bunch of video of this house on Google drive.  Need to post some to youtube so you guys can see it.  Got it for under 50,000, will need 20,000 reno, and confident we will be able to get 1,400 to 1,500 a month in rent.  Made more sense to buy and hold on this one, after reno will be worth 150,000 in a robust market.  Hoping i can get 200,000 if this new Google fiber is a huge success and i can sell this house for 200+ :) 

https://fiber.google.com/about/

Google Fiber is a project to build an experimental broadband internet network infrastructure using fiber-optic communication[1] in Kansas City, Kansas, and Kansas City, Missouri; the location was chosen following a competitive selection process.[2] Over 1,100 communities applied to be the first recipient of the technology.[3] On March 30, 2011, Google announced that Kansas City, Kansas will be the first community where the new network would be deployed.[4]

After building an infrastructure of the network, in July 2012, Google announced pricing for Google Fiber. The service will offer three options. These include a free broadband internet option, a 1Gbps internet option for $70 per month and a version that includes television service for $120 per month. The internet service include 1 terabyte of Google Drive service and the television service includes a 2 terabyte DVR recorder in addition to the Google Drive service. The DVR will record up to eight live television shows simultaneously. The television options also includes a Nexus 7 tablet that will act as a remote control for the system. In addition, television service will also stream live program content on iPad and Android tablet computers. Neighborhoods that receive the service will be selected through demand from Kansas City area residents and Google has set up a website to pre-register for the service.[5] The first homes were expected to be connected in September 2012.

I should get it this summer in most of my houses. 

I posted another wholesale deal i was working on in another post.  Listed the numbers on that one as well.  I can post some more deals this evening.  I'll get a youtube video of some deals along with 3918 norledge and 3918 charlotte. 

The techies tell me the upload speed is what will pull IT jobs to Kansas City, Tech is something the States must excel in again.  Look for what did for South Korea, tech is the future and will help the states to rebuild.  What better to way than to relocate people to a cheaper city, my partner that just left and said it reminded him of San Fran.  He also lived there in the early 90's so he should know.

The profits are split down the middle fifty/fifty, usually 2 to 3 months on turn around.  

<moderator: delete ad>

Profile photo of Manutd123Manutd123
    Participant
    @manutd123

Hey Kyler,

I have sent you a PM,not to sure if you have received it that's all

cheers

nick

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

This is a risky strategy and before you even considered it would depend on the quality of the people you were working with on the group

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Participant
    @kylermrice

Every investment is a risk….   Nigel

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Kylemrice

Some investments are far more risky than others

It is how good your partners that will improve the odds. If you are dealing with an idiot or a crook or a combination of both which accounts for a large number you may well lose money.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Participant
    @kylermrice

Well the only crook i have worked with was a weasal from Sydney. 

In my case my partners provide the capital, I do most of the hard work.  They sit back and relax while i make us money, lol.

Nigel, i can have you contact my partner in Brisbane if you like.  Do a flip with me and see for yourself cheeky 

Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen

I don't see this investment being any riskier than anything else advertised (should read "testified to") here and on other forums…it always depends on the people involved, even if its the safest  sounding investment in the multiverse – team up with weasels and your money gets weaselled away.

I particularly like the fact that Kyler was doing deals in Kansas City ages before google fiber was announced, so all it can do is take his market up, and his deals along with it – certainly wont be a down factor because of it, and he's already doing attractive deals as is.

forwarded to some people who may have interest, best of luck there, Kyler.

Ziv Nakajima-Magen | Nippon Tradings International (NTI)
    http://www.nippontradings.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Participant
    @kylermrice

Thanks Ziv,

We should do a flip, then you can tell the people you forwarded cheeky

lol, joking. 

All the weasal got was some time and i didn't really didn't lose any money.

There really isn't to much risk even for the money man, all rent is paid to him until sale of the flip.  Longest flip i had to hold until sale was 4 months that involved a partner.  I prefer to hold them a year and let them cash flow and then sell them as they are then considered an investment gain compared to taxable income. 

Question for the masses.  Is a rental with 15 net cap returns a good enough investment?

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc

Hey All been gone for a bit wow busy season about over for us I do not travel in Dec so look forward to being back and chatting

Kyler been chatting with Engelo I believe he is with you in Kansas City

Zig How have you been ?

Nigel Hope all is well

Nick I will answer you pm in a bit

lets get back to question at hand. Lately  our company is been selling retail to USA buyers, but we are 90 % flippers buying , fixing , selling . Every investment is risky it is an investment . The key is what is long term goal , I lost money clients have lost money. Same side I made great money and clients made great money.

Lots of Great companies both in USA and Australia just sold 9 deals to Australian clients from a reseller group from USA. Funny they are selling my homes to Aussies and I been here in forum for long time. Guess my name is not big enough ( LOL )

The flip side is basically what all USA companies are doing we call it turnkey. I recently raised capital from this group from a forum member out of Queensland. Now he is just getting return on capital so not really flipping but lending .

If I was to get involved in Flipping in USA I would Visit 3 different cities and meet 3 different groups. Word of mouth spreads quick on who can do what they say. Then I would look at the returns on worst case scenario to see what would make sense. 

Being in Charlotte NC I can speak for this market and this market only but what is happening here is similar to most USA investment markets.

Hope this helps and Glad to be back sorry been away but happy to not be traveling any more the rest of the year…

Alex

Participant
    @kylermrice

@ Alex

Had heard he was in town, I hadn't talked to him much since last spring.  He partnered up with a friend of mine and has been selling C class properties.  I generally keep the C's for myself :)

Word of mouth does spread fast!  I'm to the point i can't keep up with how much my partners want todo.  Have a group coming late January and i heard something about hedge fund, lol.

Flips are good money.  But you really have to know what your doing.  I got into the market right at collapse and relized quickly the prices i thought i could sell things for wouldn't be back for a long time.  Cash is king though and i have almost all my capital back from that first batch of flips that became rentals.  Passive income (rentals) > Flips  All my flip profits goes into buy and hold A class properties, historic homes.  I don't care about new homes, i can build those when building is cheaper than rehabbing. 

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc

New HOMES not yet but we are scooping up as much land as possible near me.Working on 31 lots and 50 acres across the road. Another smaller development 16 lots left . Retail sales picked up here so we dabbling both with Turn Key and retail.

My desire is with development so that's where I want to be. Flips are and always be good money. Nigel yes Commercial is where we are heading our selves but hard area to break into. Hedge funds LOL wall street found a way back in.

Yes keeping the C properties the ones my partner sold have become headaches and still losing money us and clients. Those are best to be kept by local guys who know the market.

Participant
    @kylermrice

Update:

Flipped the above mentioned four unit for a profit of 42,000!

How's that for a flip with a 26,000 purchase and 10K rehab

cheeky

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.