All Topics / General Property / The contractors trick ?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of DubstepDubstep
    Participant
    @dubstep

I have noticed a little trick that I think trades persons / companies have been using.

My PM has been requesting works to be carried out on our properties and the contractors have emailed me the invoices directly which I have been paying, then to find the same amount deducted from our rental payments from the PM.

The clever little contractors have been a double dipping  !

I have raised this with the PM and they have refunded us and chased the contractors on this, but this morning I receive another invoice for works that our PM has requested.

Is this just a clever trick that has been going on forever ?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Shoot your PM! Ask them for a copy of their privacy policy ie how do they protect your anonimity & what they can do with your personal details.

Ask how the contractors found your details as you didn’t engage them directly. Advise the pm that another breach of their privacy policy & you walk.

Profile photo of DubstepDubstep
    Participant
    @dubstep

Ok Scott, please put down the gun  !

I have used the contractors for upgrade works on the properties in the past, plumbers, pest control, air con installers and electricians etc, so they obviously have our details in there system.

If I had requested the works to be carried out I would expect the invoice to come to me but when the PM request the work the invoice should go to them only.

This is probably where I am getting double billed !

Now could you also remove the ammunition from the weapon and we can sit down over a beer !

: )

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

There’s nothing I like more than putting a cat among the pigeons or stirring up the odd pm. You would think that if the pm gave an order then the invoice would flow to the agency (what if you had sold, run off with Mistress Dub etc)

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

Dubstep aren’t you $70m richer? We poor people need to double dip to make a living!

Profile photo of DubstepDubstep
    Participant
    @dubstep

Hi Joe,

No, we decided to let it run over til next week, we hope to pick up the 100 million whilst we are in the States.

Hi Scott,

There is no Mistress Dub's !

Mrs Dub's is all I could ever wish for  !  

:)

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

It's a policy problem Dub's. In future when engaging any work have it billed through one point. They either refer their bills to the PM or you. if it's you have the PM submit any accounts for payment to you. If it's the PM simply pass all accounts to him for processing. Easy. Clear lines of communication and a simple policy will solve all your headaches. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.