All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Saving tax through a trust

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Yes you certainly can have 2 trustees and both can provide personal guarantees.

But think forward – do you intend to buy more property inside and outside the trust? This may actually hurt serviceability depending on your situation.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of jleongjleong
    Participant
    @jleong

right.

Yes I do, but I was under the impression that I could create new trusts when i've reached the maximum possible lending capability of a particular trust.

Could you suggest any decent texts to read on this subject? 

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

You can create new trusts but this won't help with servicing if the same people are giving guarantees.

There are no books on this sort of thing. For structuring in general see The Trust Structure Guide 2012.

Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of jleongjleong
    Participant
    @jleong
    Profile photo of vagirl2012vagirl2012
    Participant
    @vagirl2012

Just wanting to put it out there….. 

In this forum there are some seriously smart people.  It's like getting paid advice for free.  Thanks I have learnt heaps…since not sure which way to jump…time will tell.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

That's what the forum is all about sharing information with other interested property investors.

Hope you stay around to enjoy all the forum has to offer.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of wilko1wilko1
    Participant
    @wilko1

Terry could you give a example of how having 2 or more directors all giving personal guarantees would hurt serviceability moving forward.

Am i wrong in thinking. Person A, B and C have signed personal guarantees. Net loans in the trust 1.5 million all for investment purposes. Person A then wants to go off and buy their own PPOR or do their own individual borrowing in another trust or in their own personal name. Their income is only 75k but the group total income was 250k.

Does this then mean that if your using the same bank they will say… You have given a personal guarantee for 1.5 million your income of 75,000 is not enough to service any future loans.

Is this avoided by going to another bank. Cant remember i have ever been asked if i have given a personal guarantee for another trust

thanks wilko

Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Wilko

No hate to say it doesn't matter whether it is the same Bank or a separate lender.

Any guarantee you sign will be taken into consideration when assessing serviceability going forward.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of wilko1wilko1
    Participant
    @wilko1

Hi Richard

Assessment of serviceability for a SMSF though would that still be independent of personal guarantees given?

How about Low doc loans as well?

thanks

Participant
    @qlds007

Hi again Wilko

Assessing a loan for a SMSF loan has no bearing on your personal liabilities.

Loan is assessed on a couple of things:

1) Your employer's superannuation contribution. (If S/E your average voluntary contributions)

2) If Fund is an existing fund the growth in the year.

3) The anticipated rental income from the property being purchased.

Course it is not quite as easy as all that.

In regards to a lodoc loan then all liabilities have to be declared.

The only difference is that you are not required to produce the normal documentation when ii comes to Tax Returns etc for verification of income.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Just to extend on the above point – assessing a loan for an SMSF loan has no bearing on your personal liabilities unless you are going above the 9% contribution. Then you will be required to provide your full personal asset and liability position. 

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw
    wilko1 wrote:
    Terry could you give a example of how having 2 or more directors all giving personal guarantees would hurt serviceability moving forward.

Am i wrong in thinking. Person A, B and C have signed personal guarantees. Net loans in the trust 1.5 million all for investment purposes. Person A then wants to go off and buy their own PPOR or do their own individual borrowing in another trust or in their own personal name. Their income is only 75k but the group total income was 250k.

Does this then mean that if your using the same bank they will say… You have given a personal guarantee for 1.5 million your income of 75,000 is not enough to service any future loans.

Is this avoided by going to another bank. Cant remember i have ever been asked if i have given a personal guarantee for another trust

thanks wilko

Hi wilko

I was thinking along the lines of esch guarsntor beingnliable for the whole debt they have guaranteed. So if a b and c guarantee a $1mil loan by a trustee then if a went to borrow for something in his own name then he would be assessed as having $1mil in debt.

Email Me

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.